X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth morgana View Post
    Aria, can I get a link? PLEASE?

Day five of this go-round of the sinus infection that has recurred 2 - 5 times a year for the last 12 years. Second day of antibiotics, with steroids this time, every over the counter decongestant in the world, and I'm afraid if I go to bed I'll drown in my sleep . . .

Ever coughed so hard your chest just burned? My back is doing that.

I'll try anything . . .

Never mind, found it. Thinking of brewing up a batch.
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/technol...ar-old-5429511 for those who are lazy =)

I have been gassed with phosgene twice, sulphur dioxide once, ammonia and chlorine multiple times and inhaled more damned chemical evil brews than I care to think about [haz mat tech ...my shop was in a warehouse between the ammonia fill station and the chlorine fill station. I happen to *know* I can exhale, close my eyes and make it through the warehouse and into a scott airpack, clear and flush it and deal with whatever ended up leaking and I can get into a standard gasmask without ripping out hair in under 10 seconds from in a case to on my face ] Why yes I *have* coughed so hard I tore an interstitial muscle.

I have found that if I flush my sinus cavities with a neti pot every other day during the winter I manage to avoid my recurring sinus infections and don't get the bloody nose from drying out thanks to the overprocessed centrally heated air.
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
      ... I can get into a standard gasmask without ripping out hair ...
      I remember in my hippie teen days (circa 68) one of our gang demonstrating his dad's WWII gas mask (with *rubber* straps) sans canister. He looked really cool... until his good buddy, oldest pal, Bestest Friend Forever grabbed the hose end and farted.

Closest I've ever seen to somebody ripping their own head off.
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
        [
        I have found that if I flush my sinus cavities with a neti pot every other day during the winter I manage to avoid my recurring sinus infections and don't get the bloody nose from drying out thanks to the overprocessed centrally heated air.
        I don't know if it prevents any of the sinus infections, but it does keep me alive until I can get to the doctor.

Also useful for grossing out friends by describing the colors/consistencies of the results . . . (What, I should suffer alone?)

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
          I don't know if it prevents any of the sinus infections, but it does keep me alive until I can get to the doctor.

Also useful for grossing out friends by describing the colors/consistencies of the results . . . (What, I should suffer alone?)
          I have dust allergies and between making me feel like I have ants crawling around under my skin, it turns the mucus monster in my sinus cavity on ... so I end up having to shower and flush my sinuses out ... I got in the habit when I worked in a machine shop and one of the products I worked with was graphite impregnated asbestos packing for chlorine valves .... Yup, this stuff .... [mesothelioma danger, anybody? *sigh* I get real twitchy whenever I get chest issues.] Nothing like flushing out black slime ... or black and green slime from dealing with corroded alloy b bronze ...

*sigh*
          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Got this cold from hell. Coughing up so much crud, and every time I do it feels like my ribs are clicking together.

Comment

My aunt has a cold from hell...started just after Christmas, and she's refusing any and all remedies except tissues. Dad and I bought some chicken soup, but she won't eat chicken soup at all unless she makes it herself (not an option, we offered to make some but...). My sushi apparently isn't off-limits though...I finished it up for lunch, and only then did she imply that she'd been grazing on it. Really hoping I don't get sick as I'm taking the train back tomorrow and have to be at work on Friday.

Other aunt is sick with some stomach flu...theory is that she got something from the baby (who wasn't sick, so who knows what it was...).
              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

My parents. My Dad got a bug on Christmas, lasted through Boxing Day, a swollen tongue the next day and a swollen lip the next. Can't figuure THAT out. Now that he's clear my mom got the bug. Feeling like crap yesterday and warm this morning. Needless to say given everything that's happened this year to us (all of us ended up in hospital at one point or another) my nerves have been shot.
                I AM the evil bastard!
                A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

One upside of not working- less sick. Retail was the worst. I swear the money was swimming in ick.
                  AkaiKitsune
                  Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Back to the doc this morning. New antibiotic, and add an albuterol inhaler.

Wishing I could just take my face off and clean out my sinuses with bleach and a scrub brush . . .

Comment

This year I'll hopefully won't get bad colds or the flu. *knocking on wood* I had my flu shot, and now I'm getting Immunoglobulin G infusions thanks to my <expletive deleted> CLL. Without the extra IgG things would look different, I guess, the IgG was seriously low. Thank Ceiling Cat for modern medicine and diagnostics!
                      No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Had my flu shot, so I'm hoping I'm OK for that (*crosses fingers*) but I've been nursing a scratchy throat and dry cough for about a week. Asked brother and sister (both in the health field, although brother's in management -- sis is a nursing practitioner) if it was safe for me to visit Mom in the nursing home. Both said my symptoms could just as easily be dry air, allergies (cat dander, LOL), etc. etc. and sis added that Mom's more likely to catch something from another resident than from me.

I paid a VERY short visit to Mom (staff have started putting her down for a post-lunch nap), left her some snacks, and brought home a couple of Christmas decorations.

And shortly thereafter the "explosive repetitious sneezes" started ... This is never a good sign.

On the bright side, I don't work retail again until Jan. 7, so ... maybe by then this will have gone away.
                        Last edited by Pixelated; 01-01-2017, 10:40 PM.
                        Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth BeeMused View Post
                          Thank Ceiling Cat for modern medicine and diagnostics!
                          Amen to this!

Comment

One of the many things I love about working at my location is that our customers sit at kiosks in the lobby and we sit in our cubes and interview them over the phone.

I haven't gotten sick since I started working there.

Both of my elderly in-laws always get their flu shot. They don't get out much anymore, but still managed to get exposed to a flu strain they weren't vaccinated for. Or maybe their immune systems just got overwhelmed, I don't know. They are both in the hospital as I type.

Comment

Our whole family was sick over winter break. It started with my youngest son not feeling well at bedtime. We let him sleep in our bed and he was up in the middle of the night sick. He managed to throw up and hit every surface in the bathroom and his pajamas. The day after he was fine and so was everyone else so we figured it was a one off virus.

Oh no two nights after he was sick my other 2 kids came down with the virus. Then the following morning I came down with it too. I recovered in 24 hours from that onky to get hit with a nasty cold. My husband picked up Dayquil and Nyquil but got the generic version from the dollar store. They barely helped my cold any so I sent him back for Nyquil Severe. I took that for a few nights and finally kicked the cold after a week.

Then last week my oldest son had an accident in his underwear. Then an hour later another accident. My husband helped him shower and right after ge got done ge had to run to the toilet. We wound up giving him Immodium whuch worked right away. But then I came down with that bug this past Sarurday, but luckily I got over it in about 12 hours.

Comment

I knew I should of kept my mouth shut in this thread.

I was doing great till my son brought home that latest from school. He did ok I'm sitting here at 4am doing this because of my head.

He's a dear though he said was so sorry I got his cold and looked so sad. Not that I gave him any flack over it. I just smiled and said it is a occupational hazard of being a dad.
                                AkaiKitsune
                                Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Working...
                                X