This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Once again, I fear for humanity as a species

Congratulating all my fellow retail slaves for surviving another Holiday Season

Ours was the usual .... hordes of people who didn't know what they wanted - "You know that thing, on TV, that has the <gestures with hands>" etc.

But we had two calls - CALLS, not even people in the store - who made me say WTF? How are you alive????

Call #1
    It's Christmas Eve, about 8:30pm. Our pharmacy closes at 6 on the weekends (need I remind everyone that Christmas Eve was on a Sunday this year?)

RINGGGGGGGGGG!!!!

Me: "Thank you for calling <my store> this is <my name> how can I help you?"
    Her: "argabargle why the f** did your pharmacy close early??? argabargle"
    Me: "They didn't close early, they closed at the regular time, 6:00"
    Her: "NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! They only close at 6 on the weekends!!!!!! argabargle"
    Me: "Yes they closed at 6 today, because it's Sunday"
    Her: "No it's not. It's CHRISTMAS EVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    Me: <dead silence as I tried to wrap my head around that statement> "Yes ma'am, AND it's Sunday"

Well, this went on for awhile. She finally gave up and slammed the phone down.

Call #2

My store manager was the lucky one who got this ....

RINGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Him: "Thank for for calling <my store> this is <his name> how can I help you?"
    Caller: "Yeah I bought a drone from you right before Christmas"
    Him: "Okay"
    Caller: "Well today I was flying it ......... and it FLEW OFF!!! You NEED to REPLACE IT!!!"
    Him: <sound of crickets> "Ummm No, you lost it"
    Caller: "NO I DIDN'T it FLEW OFF!!!!!! You HAVE to replace it!!!!!"
    Him: "Uh, NO. Thanks for calling."

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
    Caller: "Yeah I bought a drone from you right before Christmas"
    Him: "Okay"
    Caller: "Well today I was flying it ......... and it FLEW OFF!!! You NEED to REPLACE IT!!!"
    Sounds to me like it escaped and ran away back to the wild
    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Out local neighborhood listserve had a note from someone who was flying their drone for the first time and it disappeared. He was asking if anyone had found it.

At the same time there were postings about hawk sightings in the area.

And someone posted a video of a hawk attacking and downing a drone.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Awww poor hawk. They do prey on other birds, poor thing was like "woot I got it...wait...wtf I can't eat this!"
        "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
          Awww poor hawk. They do prey on other birds, poor thing was like "woot I got it...wait...wtf I can't eat this!"
          Even if they can't eat it, they have SLAIN THE INTRUDER! So that's some satisfaction for them.

Comment

Working...
          X