This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rude customer in Aldi.

In Aldi the other day I overheard this woman berating the cashier. First of all she yelled,

"Can you not scan my items like it's an olympic sport?!

Then she shouted that the cashier was going too slow. The cashier needed to be more careful with the fragile bottles of wine the customer was purchasing. The cashier needed to 'crack a smile'. Hard to do when you've got a bitchy customer yelling at you for literally everything you're doing (or not doing). Then the cashier asked cash or card and the woman started on her yet again. She pretty much said that she was rude for asking that and that it was an invasion of her privacy. When the transaction had finally ended the sucktomer said that she was VERY unhappy with the way the cashier had treated her and that she was going to complain.

I had to step in. My blood was boiling at this point. The cashier couldn't have been more than eighteen. And this crazy woman was around mid forty. I walked over and said to the cashier that she has done nothing wrong and to not waste her time getting upset over someone like her. She seemed to perk up then. I waited till the customer was out of earshot though, because the last time I called a customer out on her rudeness I got told to 'fuck off'.

Aren't people lovely?

Quoth Evannah View Post
    ... the last time I called a customer out on her rudeness I got told to 'fuck off'...
    "Oh how generous! Now your couth and class and I can have a pleasant vacation without your presence!"
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

'Can you not scan my items like it's an Olympic sport?'
      'Wait till you see me scan them like it's the javelin toss...'
      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Evannah View Post
        I got told to 'fuck off'.
        Stock response: "I'm sorry, unlike yours, my dick won't fit in the spray nozzle."
        "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Jeez what a horrible woman. The people in Aldi are trained to scan quickly! What the hell's this idiot's problem? Just because she can't follow the items as they're being scanned doesn't mean the cashier's doing her job wrong.

I hope that twit didn't actually complain, or if she did, I hope they ignored her.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Evannah View Post
            because the last time I called a customer out on her rudeness I got told to 'fuck off'.
            I WANT to be told that because then I have free reign to really speak up. And a "This doesn't involve you" might get "It does NOW!" out of me. But there are times when I bow out, too. I have to pick my battles. I tell ya, though, I've got a fire in my belly for defending the defenseless. That was taken away from me at an early age but I have it back again.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Oh, that behavior would not be tolerated in my local Aldi, not for a stinkin' minute. The crew that works there is great and many of them have been there since the store opened about four years ago; many of them know their regular customers (heck, many of us regular customers recognize each other!)

I do understand the shock at how blazing fast they check things out. The secret is that all Aldi products have multiple, oversized bar codes. That's why Aldi regulars are very Zen about massively long lines; we know they move quick. But yeah, that lady would have been jumped on by multiple folks for berating a cashier like that.

Comment

Quoth wordgirl View Post
                I do understand the shock at how blazing fast they check things out. The secret is that all Aldi products have multiple, oversized bar codes. That's why Aldi regulars are very Zen about massively long lines; we know they move quick. But yeah, that lady would have been jumped on by multiple folks for berating a cashier like that.
                Well, that and they discourage packing at the till area. They prefer you dump it back in your trolley and use the packing shelf behind the tills - genius concept
                Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

Quoth Naaman View Post
                  Well, that and they discourage packing at the till area. They prefer you dump it back in your trolley and use the packing shelf behind the tills - genius concept
                  It's not even a preference here. They dump it in the next trolley (aka cart or buggy for us Americans) and then pull your cart up to use for the next person. If you try to bag at the checkstand they will cheerfully tell you to cut it out (and point you to the long counter).

They have a lot of genius concepts. And good prices. And great food. I do probably 90 percent of my food shopping there.

Comment

Wow, I just looked up Aldi's and it's crazy! The cashiers are sitting down?? Customers getting upset and deliberately trying to slow down the cashier? What planet am I on right now? Can I go to the place where lines go this fast, because it sounds amazing. I guess you have to bag your own stuff, but people are mad because they can't bag as fast as the cashier can scan, so they have to go someplace else to finish? So they're actually mad because they are slow.

There's one store around here where you bag your own stuff, but they have dividers the cashier can flip so the customer behind you has their stuff go on a different belt. It's pretty good, as a system, since you don't have to move your items again before bagging.
                    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Maybe this horrible person shops more or less at Wal-Mart being that's where most horrible patrons shop. She must have walked into the wrong store.

Comment

Quoth Evannah View Post
                        Then the cashier asked cash or card and the woman started on her yet again. She pretty much said that she was rude for asking that and that it was an invasion of her privacy.
                        Wha...ummmm...how is that an "invasion of privacy"?
                        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                          Wha...ummmm...how is that an "invasion of privacy"?
                          Because of where she conceals her cash & card.
                          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                            Wow, I just looked up Aldi's and it's crazy! The cashiers are sitting down?? Customers getting upset and deliberately trying to slow down the cashier? What planet am I on right now? Can I go to the place where lines go this fast, because it sounds amazing. I guess you have to bag your own stuff, but people are mad because they can't bag as fast as the cashier can scan, so they have to go someplace else to finish? So they're actually mad because they are slow.
                            Yeah, for a lower-priced store their food is pretty decent. They have a type of frozen potatoes with garlic sauce that is to die for - I look for it literally every time I shop at Aldi - it's not always in stock - and when I can I buy several bags
                            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                              Yeah, for a lower-priced store their food is pretty decent. They have a type of frozen potatoes with garlic sauce that is to die for - I look for it literally every time I shop at Aldi - it's not always in stock - and when I can I buy several bags
                              Love Aldi's Yeah really really fast cahiers decent selection of food canned stuff, now meat great prices.
                              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
                              X