This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shame! shame!

So we were at Weggers: me, my nephew, and sis. Sis asks me to watch him for a few minutes, then practically throws him at me before I could say anything and runs off to get some things. A few minutes go by and he's about to have a meltdown. Everyone's looking at us. So I go to the kids aisle to calm him down. Sis has her phone and I have mine, so I figure she'll call.
    Time goes by and he's happily playing with the toys there. Finally we go back and sis is standing looking frazzled. She says WHERE WERE YOU! and I say Well you practically threw him at me and he was about to cry and so we went to the toys...
    She grabs his hand and is hurrying away when I notice that he still has his toy from the aisle! I say, "That toy's not been paid for," and all the cashiers look over. But she's still hurrying out! I try to take the toy away but he screams and she's like, "Oh just give it to him. and let's go."
    I was FLOORED! She just taught him to steal. I shouldn't have taken him to the toy aisle but this was Bad Parenting 101. Haven't stepped foot in Weggers since, I'm too embarrassed. I told friends and family and they just laughed! But I think it's serious. Sis used to be a klepto so I wouldn't be surprised if she thought that stealing was perfectly okay. what'dy'all think??
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Quoth HotelMinion View Post
    I told friends and family and they just laughed! But I think it's serious. Sis used to be a klepto so I wouldn't be surprised if she thought that stealing was perfectly okay. what'dy'all think??
    Uh, so stealing is okay if you're in a hurry or apparently if you have a kid? No, no, a thousand times no. Not funny. "Just give it to him." Because you and your child don't have to follow the rules because reasons. Rules are for other people, I guess.

ARG.
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

That was unacceptable. She had no call to do that.
      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
      X