Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You do realize you're in the Mile High City, don't you?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You do realize you're in the Mile High City, don't you?

Short one from tonight.

SC: Do you have any rooms at sea level?
    Me: No, sorry. That won't be possible in Denver.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Ha ha ha

Ha, ha ha, Really someone asked this?

Comment

but they want you to put them in a mile deep hole, everyone here has wanted to do that to a customer!!!
      This is a drama-free zone; violators will be slapped. -Irving Patrick Freleigh
      my blog:http://steeledragon.wordpress.com/

Comment

Are you sure he wasn't the other Mile High?

Comment

This isn't Waterworld or some other post-apocalyptic movie!
          "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
          -Mira Furlan

Comment

Part of me wonders if this person thought that Denver is just a suburb of LA because it's "out in the west" and everything must be close because of that.

Comment

Maybe... maybe they meant ground level?? What happened when you said no? Almost nothing is at sea level, unless you're booking a beachfront hotel.
              Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

All that comes to mind is this:

I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this. “I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of shit, man.”

But that's kind of the opposite of this situation
                D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
                Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                  Short one from tonight.

SC: Do you have any rooms at sea level?
                  Me: No, sorry. That won't be possible in Denver.
                  You should have him check in at the Colorado School of Mines. They might be able to accommodate him.
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

*facepalm*
                    AkaiKitsune
                    Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

So, if you're visiting Denver with your girlfriend (or wife), and stay at a hotel there... Can you become a member of the 'Mile High Club?' Aha! A technicality!
                      Who hears all your prayers? Why, the NSA, of course!

Comment

Yes, you do. There is even a different certificate you can get for "land-based achievements"...

(Or there was in the late-80s or early-90s, when an article in Playboy mentioned this. Uhh, yeah--I was just reading the articles... )
                        “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                        One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                        The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Perhaps sea level is possible once you enter the tunnels to the secret chambers that lie below the airport... after all that's where the Illuminati have their hidden crypts isn't it?
                          The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

"Do you see any oceans around here, sir?"
                            "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
                              "Do you see any oceans around here, sir?"
                              "I see eleven of them."

Comment

Working...
                              X