This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legitimate at home marketing?

So I was talking to a friend of mine who is in need of a job because her family only has one car and her husband works about 12 hours a day. I was telling her about some at home jobs since my wife works from home as well and we got to talking about options she has. I suggested maybe she look at something like virtual assistant jobs but she's not comfortable with being able to proofread documents.

She then said how she wishes she could do telemarketing from home since that's what she's good at and I remembered that there were people from here that do just that so I figured I would make a post to see if I could get the names of some legitimate companies to forward on so she can apply for them.

Anyone here have any info that I can pass on to help her out?

Thanks guys.
    Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb. - exmocaptainmoroni

yes but ... there's also a lot of scams out there too.

first link i clicked on took me to some advert about a woman who was making 8k a month working only 17-20 hours a week. and she just happened to be in my town.

meaning: the website used my IP address to determine where I was and then scripted the "article" to make it sound more legit by making it look like a neighbor. oh and started by talking about scams ... another ploy.

so yeah be careful.

Comment

I worked for Teletech, which you can work from home for. Have to have the patience of a saint, because it is customer service..but they are legit.
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

I had an old thread somewhere about legitimate work at home opportunities....Can someone dig it up?

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
          I worked for Teletech, which you can work from home for. Have to have the patience of a saint, because it is customer service..but they are legit.
          I'll pass that on, thank you.
          Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb. - exmocaptainmoroni

Comment

Quoth Barracuda View Post
            I had an old thread somewhere about legitimate work at home opportunities....Can someone dig it up?
            That's awesome! I'll have to do some searching this weekend.

Comment

Elance and odesk were mentioned in that post. Read reviews carefully on each service.

Comment

http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=82380
                This the one?

I do use elance from time to time myself for voiceover and music projects. There are a lot of people there who want something for nothing. My friend on the other hand is not looking for contracted work really. Just something part time that will help with a few bills where she can sell things or maybe do some sort of support. Something like that.

Comment

Elance, ugh. It may not be a scam but it's definitely a content farm. Anything you submit to them, including your sample work, becomes their property and not yours never ever anymore at all. And then you get two cents a word. Okay, some projects pay more, but I don't think any of them are worth losing the content rights.

There are ways to get paid for writing that involve keeping your dignity and your rights to your own work. That ain't one of 'em.
                  Last edited by Flying Grype; 01-18-2013, 04:38 AM.

Comment

Yup, that's it alright. All of those links should lead to legit company websites.

Comment

Working...
                    X