This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making online sales safer

Brilliant. If your local police don't offer this service, consider requesting it. One of those, why didn't we think of this sooner, it's so bloody obvious ideas.

http://barrie.ctvnews.ca/mobile/midl...nges-1.2350825
    Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Great idea. I remember we took an ad once from a guy who was selling a very expensive ring, and he specified the transaction was to take place at a police station of his choice.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

That idea has been passed around for awhile now. Our area has been one where reports of people being assaulted over items listed on Craigslist has been rampant.

Our LEOs advise setting up the meeting at the local police station currently. Public places such as fast food places or the mall just aren't safe enough these days.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

The link isn't working for me.
        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I just checked, and it still works for me, maybe it's only good in Canada?

The police from a few different towns are offering the use of the police stations and parking lots to meet people off kijiji due to the police presence and video surveillance. You can have a safe place to meet and buy or sell, you don't have to let strangers into your home etc.

It's in part a response to a man who was selling his truck on kijiji, met with two buyers who then killed him. It is suspected they tried to take the truck and the buyer fight back, but I never heard how the trial ended.
          Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

Quoth NecessaryCatharsis View Post
            I just checked, and it still works for me, maybe it's only good in Canada?
            The link works for me in the US.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
            X