This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello? I'm existing in this space!

This is a short one, but oh so annoying.

I was at work today from 1:15pm to midnight (we're short handed, don't even ask why). So it's clearly a long day for me. When it came time for my lunch/dinner break, I started my dinner in the microwave and headed up front to buy a drink. I'm in the middle of paying for my drink when this woman runs up to the counter and SLAMS a baby bottle down. Then starts rapid-fire speaking in Spanish. Neither I nor the 16 year old cashier speak Spanish. She finally realizes this.

"Is this the only one? Why is this the only one? Do you not have others?" was the best we could understand. We both assured her that, yes this was the only one - our truck doesn't come until Tuesday. "How MUCH????????"

At this point, I look at her, hoping that she'll get the hint, but no of course not. She again says "How MUCH??????" The cashier can't check the price while in the middle of a transaction, so she says "I'll check that for you in a minute."

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO How MUCH??????????????????????" I again look at her. She stares back at me like I'm the one in the wrong. I sigh, take my receipt and gtfo. I understand language difficulties, but even if you don't speak the language, can you not see a transaction is taking place?

Oh I can tell you she quite clearly saw but did not care, some people are just assholes.
    ......../\
    ....../__\
    ..../\...../\
    ../__\../__\

Comment

Quoth Zellie Crescent View Post
      Oh I can tell you she quite clearly saw but did not care, some people are just assholes.
      This. SCs see an employee and immediately think "me first". Because employees are less important than the all mighty customer.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
        This. SCs see an employee and immediately think "me first". Because employees are less important than the all mighty customer.
        *nods* Too bad that when shopping at the place you work at, while off duty, means you ARE a customer. Some people just can not wrap their head around that though.
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
          *nods* Too bad that when shopping at the place you work at, while off duty, means you ARE a customer. Some people just can not wrap their head around that though.
          I know, I know, what forum am I on.....
          Was at a supermarket on the weekend. Walked up to SCO at the same time as a person wearing the uniform for the supermarket, who had items aswell. They tried waving me on I said "no you first mate, your on your break". I've worked at a supermarket, I know that pain, and like Mytical says, at that point they are a customer too.
          "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
          Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

Estuve aquí en primer lugar, por favor, esperar su turno
            "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
              Estuve aquí en primer lugar, por favor, esperar su turno
              Thank you! I will definately commit this to memory!

Comment

Either that or print cards!
                "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

La gatto tostado es bueno et grande.

Comment

Quoth ApolloSZ View Post
                    I know, I know, what forum am I on.....
                    Was at a supermarket on the weekend. Walked up to SCO at the same time as a person wearing the uniform for the supermarket, who had items aswell. They tried waving me on I said "no you first mate, your on your break". I've worked at a supermarket, I know that pain, and like Mytical says, at that point they are a customer too.
                    I'll do this too, if i see someone in line, who clearly works there, with maybe a soda and something else. i KNOW they are on break, have limited time, and letting them go ahead of me, isn't a big deal at all.

Comment

Working...
                    X