This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I did not enter the bldg. I just drove around inside the garage"

Guy driving a red car drives up to the booth window. I open it to assist him.

Me: "Hi, how may I help you?"
    guy: "I would like to know where I can park. I am here to get some information."
    Me: "You can either park at the metered lot behind you. Meter parking is change only or you can park at Visitor Parking. Visitor parking is a flat $5.00 fee no matter how long your car is parked in the garage."
    guy: "Ok, so where do I pay at?"
    I tell him where to pay at.

The phone inside the booth rings. I look up & see a red car at the exit gate.

Me: "Visitor parking booth. How may I help you?"
    guy: "Yeah, I just pulled in & drove around inside the garage. I did not enter the bldg."
    Me: "I'm so sorry, but there are 4 signs stating Visitor parking is $5.00, & I am not allowed to overrule those signs."
    guy: *irritated at this point* "So how do I get out of here?"
    Me: "You either pay for your parking at the vending machine located on the first level; cash only or you can pay at the parking office on the 3rd floor"
    guy: *still irritated* "The parking office is on the 3rd floor?"
    Me: "Yes"

He backs up & exits several minutes later. I guess he paid at the parking office.

I hate, hate, HATE pay parking lots that don't have any sort of grace period. This comes from too many times when either the system that tells the gate that the lot is full is wrong, cars parked over the line and taking two spots, or the only ones left being marked "compact only" and having to pay for parking I didn't even get just to leave. Five minutes is not too much to ask, or ten if it's a tall one.

The last time, the only space left was between two cars that were right on the line on either side. I couldn't open the door enough to let light between it and the post, much less get out, and seriously considered trying to climb out through the trunk.
    Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Every time I read the title, I think of the movie Fargo. And we know how that ended:
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

[QUOTE=HYHYBT;635171]I hate, hate, HATE pay parking lots that don't have any sort of grace period. This comes from too many times when either the system that tells the gate that the lot is full is wrong, cars parked over the line and taking two spots, or the only ones left being marked "compact only" and having to pay for parking I didn't even get just to leave. Five minutes is not too much to ask, or ten if it's a tall one.

The things is this...
        The garage was not even full. I explained to him when he arrived that Visitor parking is a $5.00 flat fee no matter how long your car is parked in the garage. He pressed the call button several minutes after he entered the garage. Plus why would you decide to get in your car, drive to a garage, enter it, drive around, & tell the attendant you did not go into the bldg.? Why waste your time & gas money to do that?

Comment

Quoth snugglegirl05 View Post
          The things is this...
          The garage was not even full. I explained to him when he arrived that Visitor parking is a $5.00 flat fee no matter how long your car is parked in the garage. He pressed the call button several minutes after he entered the garage. Plus why would you decide to get in your car, drive to a garage, enter it, drive around, & tell the attendant you did not go into the bldg.? Why waste your time & gas money to do that?
          maybe he was picking up drugs from a car that was already parked there.
          ...or some other illegal activity...
          If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
          ^_^

Comment

Sorry, I went off on a rant and didn't mean to imply that he was being reasonable.
            Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Working...
            X