This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wooo SCAM!

Had a fun little scam come in this afternoon.

Idiot: Duh
    Me:

*buzzes in person-that-looks-like-a-customer*

Idiot: Hi, I work for a company that sells plastic bags...

Me: No thank you, we don't use plastic here

Idiot: Paper?

Me: Yup. We have a contract with a company. Thank you, though. *turns back to pile of paperwork a mile high*

Idiot: What about garbage bags? I sell those too...

Me: No, thank you. Our contract is for all our supplies. We're very happy with the company we use.

Idiot: You know you're making it sound like I don't work for a company. I work for a company! Stop making it sound like I don't!

Me: Um...ok. Thank you. Have a good day...

Idiot: You know, if you're going to be in this neighbourhood (bg note: we've just had our second anniversary, profits are decent, sales are on an upward trend, and I've never seen the guy before in my life), you should be nicer to people. You're very rude! *tries to storm out, fails to turn handle on door, struggles with door, finally gets out*

Me (to myself): Aaand you've just confirmed my thought that you're a scammer! Thankyouverymuchandhaveanicedaynowf***off!

Watched him wander up and down the street a little bit, then narrowly miss being hit by a car.

I love the dumbass accusation that I'm being rude. Kept me giggling for a few minutes. I mean, really...you can't even tell me the NAME of your company, or hand me a card, and you expect me to buy something? Hell, even the guys who sell meat out of their TRUCKS have a better sales pitch!

*SNERK*

*pokes the kitteh*
    Shamus: Why hasn't anybody designs a cranium-anus extraction kit yet? It seems that so many people suffer from a improperly-stored head.

Comment

What an idiot.

If he'd REALLY wanted to sell the bags, why couldn't he have just gone to the head honchos? (I'm assuming of course, that you work for a chain-based company and/or franchise-based)
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Nope! We have two store locations and a bar - and technically they're all separate fiscal entities. So basically, if I say "no" the only person who can override me is the owner, and, well, they give me a lot of leeway.

Sometimes I love working for my store.

Comment

Working...
        X