This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• complaining about my job

well i was talking with my wife and she basicly told me i should not be complaining about my job because i should be lucky i have a job. thats true but come on csr can be a good job for a desk job but internet tech support is sometimes the worst depending on how you show up to work that day. if you show up with a great attitude than it takes alot for a customer to piss you off. if you show up with a poor attitude than any customer will set you off. should i complain about my job to others or suck it up and say life sucks the economy sucks and ill get over it?
    CONVERGYS/COMCAST'S FINEST OVER THE PHONE SLAVE "TAKING CRAP FROM EACH CUSTOMER WITH HALF OF WHAT THE REAL EMPLOYEE FROM COMCAST GETS PAID AND A SMILE AND AN APOLOGY!

That attitude [your wive's] is one of the reasons why I broke up with my girlfriend. I mean, yes it was my choice to work, and yes it's nice to get paid, but that's no reason for me to just grin and take it.

I believe it's your choice to complain about your job as much or as little as you want.

Comment

Sometimes, we need to vent about problems at work. That's why I'm glad this site exists.
      My Fanfic Page
      My Fiction Page
      My Social Group
      My Pet Social Group
      My You Tube Channel

Comment

Venting is one of the best ways of relieving the stress that you pick up from working.

All jobs include some amount of stress, and you always need to vent it in one way or another. Me and the other half know and understand this and will just go "sorry, but I need to vent for a bit" and we know to listen and not take any of it to heart.

if that doesn't work, find someone else to vent to, even if its just a mate down the pub, or an online forum
        Last edited by Darkforge; 10-13-2009, 08:48 AM. Reason: typos
        "You can only try so hard to look like you are working before actually doing your work seems easy in comparison" -My Boss

CW: So what exactly do you do in retentions?
        Me: ummm, I ....retent stuff?

Comment

Quoth convergyssucks View Post
          i should be lucky i have a job.
          I try to keep telling myself that, but it really doesn't make it any better. I don't get paid nearly enough to put up with the crap that goes on in my job.
          I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

I would like to mention, that's why this site exists.
            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

If no one will listen to you, you could always just talk to yourself.

And no, you won't be crazy for doing it.

When I work out, sometimes I will just vent all my thoughts on whatever is bothering me. A good workout, and it makes the time fly, and I feel way better when I'm done.

I also will vent sometimes while I'm getting made up and dressed...it just makes me feel better and ready for my day knowing that it's all out and not stuck inside anymore.
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Nothing wrong with talking to yourself, its when you reply you should be worried.

As for venting. Trust me, not venting when you need to, and letting it build up isn not good. I vent to my friends mainly, because apparently I'm rather... entertaining when I rant. might be my extrovert side. Lol.
                "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
                Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

Heck, I'm in charge, and I complain about my job. It's a normal thing to do to help relieve built up stress.

Though if I'm talking to someone out of work, I'll tone it down, or not do it at all in front of them.
                  "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Working...
                  X