X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We were like a bunch of kids...

...and our boss was the mother.

It was a normal weekday afternoon, quite quiet, only about a dozen customers in the pub, me in the kitchen, two co-workers on the bar and my boss. A co-worker runs into the kitchen.

CW1: Customersruinmylife! There's a dog in the pub!

Regular readers of my threads will remember the incident in which the gardener was attacked by a dog, so I was a bit worried. I walked out of the kitchen, and saw CW2 and my boss chasing a dog that had wandered behind the bar.

It was a stray. And I am not kidding, it was the sweetest stray I have ever seen. Imagine a live action version of the tramp dog from Lady and the Tramp. And it was having a ball. All it wanted to do was play. Each time CW2 and Boss got near it, it would run off, tail wagging, having a great time.

Boss: Customersruinmylife, get some food from the kitchen so we can lure it into the garden. I've called someone to come collect it.

So, I got some cold chicken from the kitchen and proceeded to lure the dog to the garden, where boss had already prepared a bowl of water for him. As me and my two co-workers lured him, he suddenly started rolling around the floor, wanting his belly rubbed.

CW1/CW2/Me: Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!

CW2 turned to boss.

CW2: Can we keep him? Can we? Can we? Can we? Pleeeeeeeeeeassse?!?!
    Boss: No! A police officer is coming to take him to the dog shelter.
    CW1/CW2/Me:

A police officer turned up to collect the dog about half an hour later. The dog was being showered with attention from customers in the garden, looking extremelly happy.

I so badly wanted to take the dog home with me. It was so sweet.

Aawwwwwwww!
    "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Contact the shelter.

Once it's been vet-checked, had its shots and spay/neutering, and stuck around there long enough to (a) quarantine and (b) give its owners a fair chance to find it, you may well get it.

The one I volunteered at accepted 'dibs'. And people involved in getting the dog to the shelter safely were a high priority for 'dibs', having proven concern for animals.

So contact the shelter and ask for dibs on the dog. You may end up competing with your co-workers and the police officer! But with any of those you at least should get a chance to visit with the puppy.
      Seshat's self-help guide:
      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Awwwww....that is just too cute.

But Seshat is right, contact the shelter.
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
        X