This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer did not know the name of the event she was here for

Visitor Parking was reserved Friday. The software controlling the open sign is not working. The open sign will not change to full although a company rep from the company that installed the software & a company rep from the company that installed the gates came to the university several weeks ago to "fix" the problem. The exit gate has been offline several times after they came. Since "Andrea" told "Bill" I have been placing that sign in the wrong place since July at the meeting he had with her earlier this month, I now have to place it closer to the entrance gate arm. I have to move that sign for everyone on the event list, handicapped parkers since there are 4 handicapped spots, the President's office guests & employees since there are 6 spots designated for them at all times, & public transportation vehicles. Some of the guests approach the exit gate arm since the sign is blocking the entrance gate arm. I have to motion them to approach the entrance gate arm, & I move the sign for them to enter. It's a pain in the behind to have to walk outside & move the sign for everyone. Plus the sign is light enough for the wind to pick it up & move it away from the entrance gate when it is very windy outside. There have been times when it has landed in the dirt where the flowers & trees are, & I have to retrieve it.

Female driver drives up to the booth window & tells me she is here for an event sponsored by Student Activities. I look at the event list, & I do not see any event on that list sponsored by Student Activities. So I ask her "what is the name of the event you are here for today?" She says "I could not tell you that." Well...if you do not know, I do not know. Plus I am not allowed to list off the events on the event list since anyone not on the event list might tell me they are here for one of the events just so they can park.

So I say "I'm sorry, but the garage is reserved today, & only people on the event list are allowed to park. So I need to know the name of the event you are here for." She gets irritated & leaves.
    Last edited by snugglegirl05; 10-24-2009, 02:46 PM.
Working...
X