Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crappy Day (a.k.a, what is it with Thursdays?)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am sorry about the loss of your baby. He was in your life a long time and will always have a special place in your heart. I wish I could reach through this screen and give you a hug.

I went through something similar in January. I definitely agree that you will probably feel emotional for a while. I am glad you have a boss that cares about your well-being.

Please give yourself time to grieve and process all the emotions you are feeling. Grieving is a process and happens in its own time frame.

Comment

*hugs hugs hugs*

People are obnoxious twerps.
      1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
      -----
      http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
        Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
        I never knew that Niagra Falls was supposed to be close to heaven.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I think a good word here is "plonkers". All your customers and R were plonkers. Twats.
          But you--- deserve hugs and chocolate and a whole box of tissues.

Hugs from me
          In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
          She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Your "customers" seem to be a bunch of retarded monkeys, with all the mannerisms of the screeching SCs.
            I'm so, so sorry about your cat - I know first hand how that feels.
            (We now have EIGHT cats...blame the wife!)

Comment

So sorry about your loss. I still have days myself when I find myself still missing Stan and Wendyburger (brother and sister pair I had since birth - both are playing around on Rainbow Ridge now. Lost them within 6 months of each other not quite 2 years ago now.)

As for your paint customers, they all sound like they were huffing something good and didn't share.

Especially the one with the "vanilla dawn" paint . . . there's NO way there's going to be black spots in that, even if you put it on a wall. Yes, you're going to have spotting that's slightly darker when wet paint is applied, but that's normal and will dry to the color it should be.

I was partially raised by a painter (Mom remarried when I was in HS) who worked in the profession for over 40 years (may he rest in peace.) I gurantee you Daddy Tony would've laughed that guy out of the store had he heard that load of BS.
              Last edited by DGoddessChardonnay; 03-23-2013, 03:36 PM.
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth lineswine View Post
                Your "customers" seem to be a bunch of retarded monkeys, with all the mannerisms of the screeching SCs.
                Please don't insult retarded monkeys by equating them to LRR's "customers".

The "Vanilla Dawn" person definitely needs to be employed full-time as a painter - and hope for rough seas when the boat towing the dinghy is under way.
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I've had to deal with grief in a big way unfortunately in the last couple years. I've actually taken classes, read books, gone to counseling, the whole bit because I am making every choice possible to make my many life challenges not ruin me, as they easily could have.

I'm by no means an expert, but I did learn something that I think may help you understand that what you're going through is normal, because I know the tendency to think you're (speaking of a general you, not to you specifically) "over-reacting" or even "crazy." Shoot, one time I had to call my friend to meet me outside his house because I couldn't remember where he lived. My friend of 5 years, had always lived there, and I had been there dozens upon dozens of times. I wasn't crazy. My brain was just trying so hard to function in the everyday, that it started sorting everything else as "unimportant," if that makes sense.

Anyways, the thing I learned/picked up on in all this was: Your bucket is running on low to empty. Basically, whatever amount of energy, "umph," however you want to word it, you normally have is depleted. Life doesn't stop, though, so the expectations of it don't change. You are to smile the same way you always have, even when you're too tired to stand. And, in my opinion that's the hardest part. So crying in the bathroom/car is actually a good thing; it's releasing a lot of stuff.

I say all that because in the original post, you sound---I can't think of a good term for it---embarrassed maybe? maybe even ashamed? That seems too harsh of a word, but it's late and I just can't think of the perfect word, sadly---that you couldn't just smile and bear it and ended up tearing up. You did fine.

You have my condolences. Losing a pet, especially a life long one, is one of the hardest things to go through. My childhood dog of 14 years was one of my losses I experienced.

Let me know if you need anything.

Comment

I've had to deal with the loss of several pets, *slides a box of mourning chocolates across* and nothing is wrong with balling your eyes out. One time, about a week, after I lost my childhood cat(Loki) I was standing in line at the grocery store I just started to ball like a little kid(I was 22 at the time).
                    Frying pans! Who knew, right?

Comment

I'm so sorry about your cat, Rabbit! ((hugs))
                      "Redheads have at least a 95% chance of being gorgeous. They're also concentrated evil." - Irv

"This is all strange, uncharted territory and your hamster only has three legs." - Gravekeeper

Comment

I'm sorry about your kitty too. Pets become just like our kids!
                        ''Sugar cane and coffee cups, copper, steel, and cattle. An annotated history the forest for the fire. Where we propagate confusion primitive and wild. Welcome to the occupation''

Comment

Working...
                        X