Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

45 Degree Angle Bread Man and the Owning of Same.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth PepperElf View Post

Shelly gets a x 6.02214x10^23
    Avigadro (sp) perchance?

Comment

Quoth lineswine View Post
      Avagadro perchance?
      Chemi, don't lose that number!
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Woohoo! Yep! Teh mole!

Comment

Swear to god I will personally Paypal you $20 right now so you can buy your awesome customer four $5 foot-longs. It's sad and pathetic - pathetisad, as coined by Drew Carey - that it took so long for that selfish, childish lunatic to get permabanned.

Comment

Quoth Oniontears View Post
            We should be allowed to do something if customers are yelling for no reason. It's ridiculous. And more customers need to speak out about this behaviour since staff can't. UGH.

To be fair, it's understandable why people wouldn't step in... there's so many lunatics out there. I just saw in the news the other day one of the Game of Thrones actors had part of his ear bitten off because he asked someone in a bar to keep the noise down.

When it comes to dealing with crazies, I can see how someone wouldn't want to get involved. They could be high, armed, have chimp strength, or any combination.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
              Oniontears -- Agreed. However, most companies (especially big huge ones) feel that keeping EVERY customer "happy" (I'm not sure if 45 has ever been happy) is more important than anything else, even if they're in that bottom 10% of customers that cause big losses over time, like this guy. Had he complained to the higher-ups in the store's franchise/or to Corporate, he probably would have gotten a written apology and a pile of gift cards for HIS trouble. Sad,
              Providing good customer service should not involve having to be screamed at and brow-beaten over a non-issue. Not to mention how uncomfortable other customers would have been if they were in the store at the same time as this loony.

Just really @#$%^s me when corporate equates 'good customer service' with rewarding horrific behaviour like this.

Comment

Quoth Oniontears View Post
                Just really @#$%^s me when corporate equates 'good customer service' with rewarding horrific behaviour like this.
                Agree with you 100% here.

Corporate should never equate good customer service with rewarding horrific behavior. A lot of times, I don't think businesses realize that rewarding horrific behavior can actually be MORE detrimental to their business than not.

There is little to no justification for him to behave in that manner.

I have never, EVER behaved in that manner in a food service establishment.

I think those of us who have worked in retail, customer service, and food service have a different perspective on things. Simply because we KNOW how people get treated. I know that I do. In fact, if there's a problem with food that I get, I go out of my way to be polite about it. I don't yell, I say please, etc. I know for sure that I treat people in the service industry (specifically customer service, retail, and food service) a little more kindly, because I was in the food service industry myself for almost 5 years. I've seen a lot.
                Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

A couple of comments:

1) Kudos to Shelly for doing what management should have been doing in the first place! I shudder to think of how many good customers were lost keeping this moron happy.

2) The term "get a freaking life, jackass" takes on a whole new level with this asshat!

Comment

OT - Exactly. That guy was either in need of professional help, or just one of those people who honestly don't see "workers" as human beings, or see them as somehow lesser humans. Kudos to that customer for forcing management's hand!
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth An Haddock View Post
                      I just saw in the news the other day one of the Game of Thrones actors had part of his ear bitten off because he asked someone in a bar to keep the noise down.
                      Talk about an overreaction. (found the news here.)

and that's a good point - sometimes you don't know what kind of crazy / sc behavior you might get when you tell someone to behave.
                      Last edited by PepperElf; 03-28-2013, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X