This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excel Study Guide?

So, I applied for a job yesterday, and this morning I got an email asking me to call them. Called, they want to bring me in for testing. One of the things they want to test me on is Excel, so I scheduled it for two weeks out so I have time to brush up on my skills. Anyone know of a good Excel study guide?
    The High Priest is an Illusion!

Sadly, I taught my self most of my Excel knowledge by having a task I needed to do and then goggling it :P

This actually seems to cover a number of good basics:
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ex...104032083.aspx

Good luck

Comment

If you can find excel for dummies that is very useful too. I have quite a few of those books and some of them are funny as hell.
      "Beam me up Scotty there is no intelligent life down here."

Comment

The last time I took a "test" for excel for a job the link thansal provided is everything the test covered.

Basically can you use formulas in excel to do math, do you know how to create data filters and searches etc.

Comment

Quoth CaptainJaneway View Post
          If you can find excel for dummies that is very useful too. I have quite a few of those books and some of them are funny as hell.
          I found a copy at my library. From 1994. I checked it out anyway. I figure a bunch of the underlying stuff will be the same, at the very least it should get me the buzzwords.

Quoth Chanlin View Post
          Basically can you use formulas in excel to do math, do you know how to create data filters and searches etc.
          I'm supposed to be supporting excel, and I won't have access to it during the test. OTOH, it's multiple choice, which I rock at.
          The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Yooo toooob
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcsPcKpUmnk
            In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
            She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Heh, multiple choice Excel test?

The link I posted will likely cover more than you need to know :P

Good luck

Comment

I agree with using You Tube. I used You Tube last time I had to take those tests at a temp agency a few years ago. I used it to learn the more current versions of Wod & Excell. I did really well on both tests.

Comment

Working...
                X