This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can't sit with us

Background: I belong to a social group that has a gathering once a month for it's members. Since our group is adult in nature we rent out private party rooms in restaurants so that we don't risk offending other diners.

At our last gathering a couple wandered into the room and headed for a table in the corner. One of the waitresses approached them and explained that this room was closed for a private event and offered to show him a table up front.

The husband or whatever refused to go and argued with the waitress insisting on eating there. The waitress approaches our group leader and ask if we'd mind letting them sit there.

The group leader explained to the waitress that the reason we rented a private room we could relax and not worry about offending anyone. The waitress returned to the couple and told them they had to sit up front.

The guy then loudly stated that he wanted to dine in the back or he would go find another restaurant. He stormed out a couple of minutes later when he realized he wasn't going to get his way.
    My Horror Blog

Cinemania

It amazes me, still, how entitled people are.

Comment

Part of me wants to make them promise, in writing, not to comment or complain about the group -- but even if they did sign it, they'd violate it and scream at the restaurant anyway. Private means Private!
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
        Part of me wants to make them promise, in writing, not to comment or complain about the group -- but even if they did sign it, they'd violate it
        Exactly! Either that or we would have to censor ourselves and that would have negated the need for the private room.
        My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Comment

I'd have been as offensive as possible, just to be a dick to them.

Comment

A club I used to belong to would have charged them $5 each to listen to our program.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

We were getting ready for gaming at a friend's baseball/CCG store a couple of years ago and we didn't have the front door locked yet as a couple of players were across the street getting coffee/pizza/etc. although the Closed sign was up. He must have spotted a couple of us in there and ignored or didn't see the sign.

Guy walks in and starts looking around. The owner said "Sir, we have a private event starting now. We're actually closed to the public."

The guy just sort of glanced at him and kept looking. The owner got a little louder. "Sir - we're closed. We have a private event going on now."

The guy finally got it through his head and left. At least he didn't make a stink about it.

Comment

Working...
              X