This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10th time's the charm

Biz partner has a day job at a hospital. Hospital recently ordered 10 tablets that were supposed to be activated through Big V communications.

Well a couple weren't working. So M called their tech support. He was told that they couldn't help because his name wasn't listed on the account as a contact.

It's a hospital. The guy who signed for the account is an administrator who isn't in the building. He's not even in the state. He's at a conference across the country.

M calls Verizon back a couple of times, gets the same runaround. One person finally tells him if they get some sort of paperwork they can talk to him. He gets the paperwork and of course when he calls back he can't get the same person and the new person he talks to says the last one was incorrect.

Call number nine goes something like this:

M: So you won't help me.
    V: We can only talk to the person whose name is on the account.
    M: I have his SS # and information.
    V: But you're not him.
    M: So what's stopping me from calling back and just saying I'm <administrator> ?
    V: Well, nothing... but that wouldn't be honest.
    M: I'm beyond the point of caring about honesty. You guys were supposed to activate these things. I'm on five hours and nine calls and have gotten no help at all.
    V: I'm sorry, sir. I can't help you.

He calls back. On call number ten, the tech not only DOESN'T ask for any information about the owner of the account, but he gets the problem fixed inside of two minutes by essentially flipping a switch or checking a box on Big V's end.

I told M he should call back and commend the tech who helped him, but you know a company like Big V would probably penalize and/or fire someone who actually did their job and helped someone competently.

Quoth An Haddock View Post
    One person finally tells him if they get some sort of paperwork they can talk to him. He gets the paperwork and of course when he calls back he can't get the same person and the new person he talks to says the last one was incorrect.
    This seems like an ongoing issue. My parent's company has a business account, and it was extremely difficult to get a person added as an approved contact or whatever it's called. I mean, really hard. We're used to dealing with the state, with the federal government, (we've also contracted for both the military and local Indian tribes, both have some hardcore bureaucracy) we are not noobs about paperwork.

Each rep told us something different, including one or two who said that it was all taken care of, that the person was added. Then a week later that person tried to add a line and they're told they are not approved, they have no record. Even though we did keep track of the name of the original customer support person, that was useless. One time we even got a confirmation through email, and it still didn't work. It was really quite frustrating.
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

I work for a gigantic wireless company, and I've personally changed a customer's PIN or Authorized User in the system, only to be told by the next retail support person I was calling that it was the wrong PIN, or that the Authorized User was not updated. Our computer systems are ridiculously buggy, and I often contemplate setting my terminal aflame.
      "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
      -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

Reading these posts are making ME frustrated and wanting to rip my hair out!

Comment

Working...
        X