• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The signs a job will be bad while still interviewing for it

The 5 signs your job will suck even before you land it

Interesting article & does make sense.

two that they did not include

1. the Gurillia type interview. interviewer is nasty, uncaring, and just shoots random questions at you while looking very sullen and pissed off. lasted at that job for 3 months. my interviewer (my boss) went so far as to question while I was working there some stuff in my personal life eg. my Ex was having major surgery and I had a meeting with him to discuss this and how it might effect me (needing a short amount of time off or being somewhat distracted) then he started in wanting to know how many different Dr or medical opinions we had had, what specific surgery was being done, etc. he was quite pushy about getting this information.

2. the tag team interview. you interveiw (at the same time in the same room) 2 or 3 people. I can see serial interviews (one right after another) but to be interviewed by 3 OR MORE people just sucks

some of the commentors got two right:

First do NOT work for a "family" business where most of the higher ups or employees are "Family" you will get screwed royally

second do not work under a husband and wife owners.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

The Fed Agency my husband works at has their interviews like #2. If it's for my husband's department, he and at least 2 other people are in the same room, interviewing the candidate all together. It actually wears my husband out.

Comment

Quoth idrinkarum View Post
        The Fed Agency my husband works at has their interviews like #2. If it's for my husband's department, he and at least 2 other people are in the same room, interviewing the candidate all together. It actually wears my husband out.
        I actually got interviewed by an ENTIRE town council once for an IT position.
        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
        X