This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 7 Most Ridiculous Ghost Stories from Around the World

I felt that this section needed another Cracked! topic.

http://www.cracked.com/article_18814...und-world.html
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

I wonder how a few of those got their bases.

Comment

Hey, Jersey Devil reference!!
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
        I wonder how a few of those got their bases.
        For the Japanese eye butt ghost, I'm not sure I really want to know. O_o
        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Interesting... Although I can tell you that one of those legendary critters isn't all that legendary. I say that because I encountered one.

It was this one.
          Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

PS: Damn you again for Cracked links...

*looks at the 7 tabs now open in the browser...*
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Details? This sounds like a great story!

Quoth hauntedheadnc View Post
              Interesting... Although I can tell you that one of those legendary critters isn't all that legendary. I say that because I encountered one.

It was this one.

Comment

Quoth Eireann View Post
                Details? This sounds like a great story!
                Well... Several years ago a guy I was friends with at the time and I decided to go visit the most haunted location in Asheville. It's called Helen's Bridge, and it's a little stone bridge up on the mountain overlooking downtown. The bridge connects a castle to its property across a little gorge. Driving up the mountain, you'll go right under the bridge. Because it's easily accessible and famous throughout the region, it's attracted more than its fair share of morons who go up there to "summon" the ghost who haunts the bridge. Some of these morons -- at least this is my theory -- have tried their hand in things they should not have dabbled in as well. I feel that there are a lot of nasty things up there keeping Helen company at her bridge.

I also figure that's what we saw. It was night and my first time ever visiting the bridge. We went up there, parked and got out, looked around and thought to ourselves -- yep, that's a bridge alright. There's not a lot else up there to see. The castle is a corporate headquarters now, safe behind a gate, and if the trees are leafed out you can't see much of a view. So, we got back in the car and drove off back down the mountain, talking about all the stories that get told about the bridge.

Then we noticed that there was a woman sitting in the back seat. We whipped around to look at her, and discovered that if you looked directly at her, you couldn't see her. You could definitely see her out of the corner of your eye, however.

We made it to the bottom of the mountain, stopped at the gas station here, and got the hell out of the car so we could talk about what to do next. In the end, there was nothing we could do but get in the car and drive over to my friend's house... which was way the hell over on the other side of town. This meant that we were treated to a twenty minute drive with that woman in the back seat.

From what we could see of her, she was wearing a lacy white dress of the kind you might have seen on a rich lady from the Edwardian era. Her hair was piled up on her head in that style popular back then, too. From what I could tell, she was also wearing some dangly cameo earrings also. I got a fairly good look at her earrings, as did my friend, because as the woman sat in the back seat, her neck would stretch until her head was in the front seat with us. She would turn to look at me, turn to look at him, look at me, look at him, and then her neck would snap back to normal. When her neck was stretched out, it didn't look smooth. It looked like the bones were about to poke through the skin.

She did that all the way across town, until we pulled into my friend's driveway and got out of his car. My friend had begun to practice white magic not too long before and told me that you can rid yourself of a nasty spirit by burning sage. He had a bronze bowl just for that purpose. He went inside and got it and some sage, opened the driver's door and set the bowl on the seat. It's my understanding that sage is supposed to smoke when you light it, but when he lit this sage it flared up with a big, licking tongue of flame that died down into the bowl in a moment.

And then, for lack of anything else to do, we went inside and watched TV. When we came back out about an hour later and opened the door to clear out the sage smoke, my friend pronounced the car safe and clean again, and then he drove me home.

And it was about five or six years before I could bring myself to go to Helen's Bridge again.
                Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Wow. HH, you make pictures when you talk.
                  I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Working...
                  X