Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I 2nd everything Treasure said and want to add make sure to see their own work, not just sample books from floral design a company. There are florist out there who show you the sample book where there are tons of pretty flowers in the designs and then you get your arrangements and most of it is filler. You could always ask to step in back if possible and ask to see the cooler for flower ideas too, and you can peek at their currant work. Sometimes florists will let you do that to give you a better idea of what kind of flowers you can choose from.

Don't forget you can always do some cool things with inexpensive or unusual fillers , in high school for a art show I did a cascade bouquet with white roses, smaller white flowers, for filler I think it was evergreen branches...either way it made for a great Christmas bouquet and I got the branches off of trees in my yard. (Btw if you are having a winter wedding and want to use that idea that is fine by me, I had a teacher take pictures for her daughter so they could do it for her wedding. I wish I could find pictures of it.)

Silk flowers are great too, they hold up a longer of course, I've done a few brides maids bouquets with them along with a cake topper and everyone thought they were real.
    I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

Thanks so much for all the super-useful help so far! There's a lot of stuff I've never even thought about and you guys really opened up my mind to different options.

I'm not into the planning as much as my fiancee, but when she asked me what flowers I wanted my best men to have (before we blew up), I said I didn't care, but was serious that I would pay for them myself from a different florist.

Comment

Working...
      X