Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thank You for Calling Hell, How May I Help You?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know just enough to be dangerous when it comes to computers, but this does sound like it's an issue with Dell and not so much Vista. My current desktop, an Acer (triple core Athlon Phenom), came with Vista (it's between 2 and 3 years old) and hasn't given any problems whatsoever. Very stable.

My last desktop was a Dell. It was one of the first dual-cores out (Intel). Ran decently, but then over the course of about 6 months, the hard drive borked itself.

I was death on Intel processors for a while until I realized it was the Dell side.

Can't say too much about my laptop, having only had it since Christmas. It's an Asus with Intel Core i7 processors and Windows 7. So far, no problems whatsoever.
    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

My Dad thinks he's got it figured out: My fan doesn't work. I wouldn't notice my laptop getting hotter because I have a disorder that makes my hands always cold, so EVERYTHING is warm/hot to me. He was fiddling around with it and noticed it would get extremely hot to the touch and the fan would never come on, thus frying everything.

Yeah... But the good news is, if he's right, they have to fix it because that's hardware and it's under warranty!

Comment

Go Gaki's dad! Yeah, I've noticed from Hubby's dinosaur laptop that they can be tricky like that. Heck, I don't trust my desktop to run properly if the fans go, and it's got a lot more airflow going for it (and isn't usually left on top of someone's warm lap or a couch, either).
        "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
        - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Working...
        X