Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Part of the problem is that the bag tax doesn't apply to everything.

Uncooked fish,meat,poultry
    Unwrapped food for human consumption eg chips
    Seeds
    Flowers
    Bulbs
    Products that contain soil(such as potatoes or plants)
    Unwrapped blades
    Medicine
    Live fish(!)

If you have any of those,you can't be charged unless you put something in that's not included,but it's not clear when that applies-at the desk,once you've left the desk but still in the store. Still having fun working it out?

And some people have been trying to use the baskets to take their things out to the car to load up so they don't have to pay for bags,and the stores have been trying to stop them.
    This is where the fun begins....
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...stic-bags.html

I bet there was more to it than that. She was probably putting the whole thing in her car when they caught her. XD We all know that tired old excuse "But I was going to bring it back!"
      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
        http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...stic-bags.html

I bet there was more to it than that. She was probably putting the whole thing in her car when they caught her. XD We all know that tired old excuse "But I was going to bring it back!"
        I knew the article was suspect when it used all caps in the title, and I wasn't let down. What was with all the glamor shots? I can't remember anyone trying to take a hand basket out of a store, if people have a small amount of things they use a small cart. Either they stop letting hand baskets out of stores, or they lose so many that they just stop providing them.
        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Working...
        X