This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NO I am not in charge of your Facebook

As the front-facing representative of a major cellular provider, I can understand why you think that I have some level of authority when it comes to your phone, its operation, and making sure that your service is being provided at a certain standard.

However, this does not mean that I have any damn thing to do with your Facebook account, app, or logins. I cannot just hop into the programming and fix the app when the latest update caused it to start working all wonky. I cannot make your 4 year-old Windows Phone download the newest Facebook update that your son/cousin/friend/hairdresser's $1000 iPhone has on it. And, regardless of how charming you think I am, I cannot "convince" Facebook to toss out all of their important security features to provide you with the password that you forgot, even though you set it and I've helped you retrieve it in the past (no, I don't remember the maiden name of your first pet's mother and where your favorite restaurant is in the city where you got married).

If you have a Facebook problem, how about instead of blaming ****** Wireless, you maybe-just maybe-try to get Facebook to help you out?
    Last edited by icmedia; 11-20-2015, 01:39 PM.
    "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
    -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Facebook

But all of these are user problems, not even FaceBook can help you if you are too stupid to think clearly.

Comment

How is this in-duh-vidual even ambulatory?
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

This sounds like an ID-10-T error...rather serious...
        Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

What's the equivalent for PEBCAK now that there's no physical keyboard?
          This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
          I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
            PEBCAS: Problem Exists Between Chair and Screen?
            Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

PEBCAI: Problem Exists Between Chair And Interface
              I AM the evil bastard!
              A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

PEITC: Problem Exists In The Chair

PEITF: Problem Exists In The Fingers
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

PICNIC: Problem In Chair, Not In Computer.

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                    How is this in-duh-vidual even ambulatory?
                    Not an individual; I encounter this at least once a week from different customers. I do often, myself, wonder how they manage to remember to breathe.
                    "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
                    -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

Meatspace issue.
                      Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
                        This one has my vote for the winning acronym.
                        Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

I get this a lot. It's my job to help these people, and I charge them to setup/recover information. I'll write everything down for them, but if they'd stupid enough to toss the piece of paper, I charge them again.

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
                            The others are good, but I most admire the elegance of this one.
                            This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                            I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

I'm pretty sure it's an old one (as in, from the 1990s or before) that's simply been forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                              X