Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SC gets what she (sorta) deserves. Longish, sorry.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SC gets what she (sorta) deserves. Longish, sorry.

I wasn't sure where to post this as it IS a sucky customer story, but... not your usual, I guess. Anyway, I figured here was the best of all the options.

I work for a cell phone company, and I had a woman call my department to ask for a promotion we were offering. Basically, we offer x amount of dollars credit to your bill in return for a new two year agreement. The catch is, it's not a normal account adjustment. It's a code we apply to your account, so it takes 1-2 bills to actually go into effect. This is stated on the flier quite clearly.

So this woman calls in, I go through all the terms with her, and this is something I mention to her, as we are required to on every call. She agrees and I add it on, then she says something to the effect of, "So how much do I owe now?" I roll my eyes, knowing an argument is to ensue. "The same amount that is on your most recent bill, ma'am." No, she tells me, that's bullshit, my company never tells anybody the full story, I shouldn't have led her on, etc.

I go into her financial information (bill, amount due, payment info, etc) to see if there's anything I can do to help her, because I was feeling nice that day. Don't ask me why, but now and then, it happens. She begins berating me about our company always jacking up her bill, and surprise, guess how many payments she's made in the past year? FIVE. She was constantly being shut off, she'd pay just enough to get turned back on, make payment arrangements, etc. I looked through her notes and come to find out, she's called multiple times a week for the past year and berated our representatives. Cursing, threatening, the gambit. Evidently, somebody got sick of it.

She said something that sparked my curiousity (something about us calling her broke on her bills), and I started looking at the copies of her bills after I finally convinced her there was nothing more I could do for her. Sure enough, a few bills back, I found that somebody had changed her billing name. It had since been changed back, but I was able to brighten my entire call center's day by showing them this gem on the bill's address page. Instead of her address showing up normally (for example, Lisa Smith, 123 Main St., Somewhere, USA), hers said:

Lisa "I'M BROKE" Smith
    123 Main St.
    Somewhere, USA

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin

Hurts, doesn't it?

Hahahahah...that's awesome!
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

WAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! Now that was good!!!!
      The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, I don't know...

A few years back, wasn't there a big fuss about a woman getting a bill from her cable company or something addressed to "the black bitch" or some such?
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I don't know, I just don't find that funny. I don't think it's right to make fun of someone because they don't have enough money to pay their bills. As a ridiculously poor college student I know how hard it is to be late to pay your phone bill. It makes you anxious and defensive, and more likely to lash out. It certainly wasn't nice of her to attack you and your coworkers, but to be openly mocked for not having enough money is humiliating and extremely hurtful.

Comment

Liza, theres a difference between being short on funds to pay your bills and having enough humility about it to not be sucky versus someone who plays the system and only skates by while at the same time treating the CSR's like dirt.

While I don't agree with changing the persons info like that. I do, however, find it quite funny. Unfortunantly I'm sure that with most companies, anyone caught doing something like would find themselves ass first on the unemployement line. Some CSR just had enough abuse and snapped, probably someone on their last day anyway.

But you can't compare her to someone who's down on your luck at the moment and trying to do right. Hell most of us have been there at one time or another, we just know to treat the person with respect and we may get a little consideration on the matter.
            My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

That's why I put (sorta) in the title. I honestly did feel sorry for her for a second, because I imagine that wouldn't be a pleasant feeling. However, it was promptly corrected and like someone else said, she had been abusing our reps for a long time, and not by any stretch of the imagination trying to set her debt right.
              "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin

Hurts, doesn't it?

Comment

Not SC-related, but related. I once shipped a birthday present to a friend from some online t-shirt company, and got them to ship it to Brian "BAD ASS" *lastname*
                "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Since my fiance's best friend has moved to CA, we have gotten mail and packages addressed to either Eric "Hardcore" or The Hardcore's. Hardcore was the fiance's nickname in high school, and this is the only friend from high school he still has any contact with. I recently found out that I also get to assume the title of Hardcore as part of the marriage contract.
                  The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Quoth Banrion View Post
                    Since my fiance's best friend has moved to CA, we have gotten mail and packages addressed to either Eric "Hardcore" or The Hardcore's. Hardcore was the fiance's nickname in high school, and this is the only friend from high school he still has any contact with. I recently found out that I also get to assume the title of Hardcore as part of the marriage contract.
                    You two need to start up a family website. Think of the number of hits you'll get!

The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                      You two need to start up a family website. Think of the number of hits you'll get!

Not to mention the number of complaints from people when they actually realize what the site is.

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                      Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, I don't know...

A few years back, wasn't there a big fuss about a woman getting a bill from her cable company or something addressed to "the black bitch" or some such?
                      It was "bitch dog" actually, and she wasn't the only one. Found this after a quick search:

- After complaining to Comcast about their customer service, LaChania Govan of Chicago received her August bill addressed to "Bitch Dog." Comcast identified the pranksters, fired them, and apologized to Govan. In a similar turn of events, Peoples Energy customer Jefferoy Barnes mysteriously began receiving bills addressed to a curious variation of his name.

"I had no bad words at all. I guess the earliest letter is dated in May and from then on up until now my name has been listed as Jeffery Scrotum Bag Barnes and I have no idea why." Barnes said he received an apologetic call from a company official. He also has contacted an attorney to determine if he can take legal action.

- From two diners at Parkhill's Waterfront Grill on the New Jersey shore were recently given a bill with a description on the bottom written by the waitstaff to identify their table. It said: "Jew Couple."
                      Last edited by CrazedClerk; 09-29-2007, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerk View Post
                        From two diners at Parkhill's Waterfront Grill on the New Jersey shore were recently given a bill with a description on the bottom written by the waitstaff to identify their table. It said: "Jew Couple."
                        Okay, see, that would upset me.

Hurts, doesn't it?

Comment

I don't know, I just don't find that funny. I don't think it's right to make fun of someone because they don't have enough money to pay their bills.
                          Definitely a difference being honestly broke and being a deadbeat that blames this fact on everyone around them. No sympathy for the woman in the OP. -.-

Comment

Working...
                          X