Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't trust the money either and call the police. I don't know where the money came from or if someone was/could be hurt over it.
    Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

My husband is a red-haired guy who wears a Ron Paul t-shirt. I hope nobody calls the cops on him!

Comment

Hey Jim??? did someone leave an envelope for me? My grandmo..FATHER .. er DOG needs an operation.. yeah THAT'S the ticket!! My whole FAMILY is getting bRAIN surgery!1! yeah.. so.. seen the down payment anywhere??

Comment

*nods in agreement*

Giving the money to the police to have them check it out is definitely the right thing to do.

As an aside, the reason $10,000 seems to be a popular number is that it is the most you can give for a gift without having to pay tax on it.

My aunt's lawyer boyfriend left her $10k in his will, but the executor stole a bunch of the properties (including the Ertes he left her as well), siphoned off all the money, and scarpered. They only realized it when properties he was supposed to be handling started going into foreclosure. Oh, and he didn't notify any of the people supposed to be receiving bequests, either. My aunt only heard about it because of the criminal investigation relating to trying to find the guy and what he did with the funds.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

that is just rotten, i hope they caught the guy.
            "Let's connect to some ones cyberbrain who is meditating, so we can download enlightenment" one of the Tachikomas (Ghost in the Shell 2nd gig)

Comment

Quoth Can I Help Your A$$? View Post
              My husband is a red-haired guy who wears a Ron Paul t-shirt. I hope nobody calls the cops on him!
              I'd be asking him what he's doing handing out $10k!
              SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
              SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
                *sigh* Why? Why can't this ever happen to me? However, I would do the same thing. I'd turn it over because it would be just too weird. Then I would pray and pray that it's mine after 30 days.
                Same here.

What could I do with $10,000? Buy a decent used car so I wouldn't have to depened on the MOTH*.

*Off and on for WEEKS now, his car has been in and out of the shop with transmission problems. They gave him a rebuilt one, he takes it out for a drive, tranny prob is back again, back to the shop, fix it again, etc., etc., etc. Good thing it's all under warranty, but my damn.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Bump: I just got an update today!

The man walked into the store the other day and we talked with him.

The man said that the police did give him his money back. We questioned why he gave away $10,000. His response:

"I made an incredible amount of money off of this company's stock. I was giving away the money to the cashier because I wanted to make the world a better place."

He didn't give the money back to the cashier and probably gave it to someone else.

Needless to say, the U-Scan cashier is really, really, REALLY pissed off right now.

Yes, people, this is absolute PROOF that it is possible to get rich off of random people in the streets giving you money because they just feel like it.
                  Last edited by Zell; 09-30-2007, 01:02 AM.

Comment

I remember that Applebee's story!
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Zell View Post
                      He didn't give the money back to the cashier and probably gave it to someone else.
                      That doesn't seem like a way to make the world a better place. You give a ton of cash to a stranger with no explanation, they do the right thing, and instead of making sure they get their due reward for being as kind-minded as you, you make sure they never ever see it again? Jerk.
                      The icon is a bunny with a spiked collar from some carpet ad.

Comment

What the hell?

So, the clerk does the right thing, the cops find him and talk to him, and he doesn't just tell them "Oh, yeah, I meant to give it to that person, you can give it back."

He is officially a twat.

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                        X