This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• two elderly men

During my days at school, I used to work on evenings and weekends as a receptionnist in a tennis and badminton center. As it was a pretty small center, I was mostly the only person in charge there.

On, what began as a quite calm, saturday evening I had to customers who came to see me because apparently the court I gave them was occupied and the customers on it had told them they had it booked. As it was a saturday evening, all our courts were fully booked, so that I couldnt offer another court to them.

So I began to look at the reservation sheet and saw that the customers on the court had only booked 1 hour, but also that they were regular players who had a yearly subscription. I went, accompanied by the 2 new customers, to tell them that they had surpassed their time and that they would have to leave.
    What a BIG mistake:
    These customers where the type of old and I-am-rich-so-I-dont-follow-rules-customer. Both looked at me in a really threatening way, asking my name and telling me that they would see me after they had changed. I went back to the reception, with the feeling that something wasn't right. And so it was. 5 minutes later they were standing in front of me, asking how I could possibly dare to interrupt their game, that they were regular, long time customers, that they were used to play 2 hours every week.
    I stayed calm and told them that there possibly happened a missunderstanding during the reservation. At this point the strongest looking of the two yelled at me that as he had a subscription with a fixed time slot and he wouldn't need to make a reservation. (On my sheets, I saw clearly that their names had been filled in manually, because customers with fixed time slots were printed in red) As I told them my observation, the second customer began to yell and the first tried to grab my paper and pen.
    After a few minutes of yelling I was trembling, but also quite sure that all the yelling was due to the fact that they knew exactly that they were not right! So they told me that they personnally knew Mister x (my boss) and that I could consider myself as sacked by next week. As they left, I immediately called my boss, who reassured me that these customers were known as being extremely unconfortable and that I should not worry, everything was fine.

On the following saturday, my boss just came by the center to pick up some stuff, so he was in the room behind the reception area. Looking at my reservation sheets, I was shocked that the same customers who yelled at me were currently playing. I waited until their time was up, when the same situation as passed week happened. I went to see my boss who told me to tur off the lights on the court and to tell the new customers to go to the court. I did as he told me. Shortly after, the two, really red faced , men entered the reception and immediately began to yell at me, what a big s*** I was, that I was the dumbest girl that ever walked the earth and, this really shocked me, that my mother should have aborted me. It was to much for me to stay calm. I told them that they only had booked and paid for one hour and that they don't have extra rights just because they were regulars. In the meantime, my boss was listening in the other room. As one of them tried to grab the phone to call my boss, he came out of the room, looking really calm (it was like in the movies when the hero enters) and telling them that they werent allowed to play anymore in the center, that their missbehvaior on my behalf was above all acceptable limits. Both customers left the center and I didn't saw them ever again.

how appalling!

Comment

Kudos to your boss. As for grumpy entitled old farts.. I live in the capital or them.. so I feel your pain, and have encountered more than I can even recall in every variety of work I've had.
      I will never go to school!

Comment

In fact, after this encounter, my boss told me that these 2 SC were also quite unfriendly to other customers.
        So it wasn't only because of me or their behavior on that evening.
        But, I was quite pleased that they didn'got away with it, like they usually alwways do.

Comment

Working...
        X