Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you always talk like this to your clients?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you always talk like this to your clients?

Working in technical support, I am also the acting lead until they fill the position. (I do not want the job being it's not worth a heart attack or stroke, but that's another story). For now though, I deal with problem customers, and other work that would take too long for a rep to handle. I dealt with a problem call that went like this:

First, let me point out this was an IT guy who was trying to help a customer with their web design issues, plus was helping with their computer settings.

Me: Supervisor, greensinestro, how may I help you?

SC: First of all, you can stop with the pleasantries and deal with this issue for this company you do webhosting for. Your stupid reps don't know what they're doing.

Me: Sir, I can help you, but that really is not necessary to the situation.

SC: It is necessary, because nobody wants to help this lady, and I think you're just trying to pass the buck on this. Your stupid, dumb reps keep telling this lady you all don't handle her web designing.

Me: No, sir, we do not. We only host the site and take care of zone files as well as setting the passwords.

SC: That's a crock because she always gets one of your stupid reps to help her out.

Me: (By then, I had heard enough of the phrase "stupid reps") Sir, do you normally talk to your customers the way you're speaking to me right now? Because I refuse to let you continue speaking to me in this manner.

SC: Let's just get past that and you can tell me how you're going to fix this!

Me: Sir, I will not get past your previous remarks, plus I have told you we do not have anything to do with the web design, as we have already explained to this person.

SC: She isn't have a design issue. She's not able to log in to the service itself, you moron!

Me: Sir, I will write up this problem, and then I will disconnect the call, if you do not cease with your insults.

SC: I thought we were getting past that! Just do what I told you.

Me: I am disconnecting sir, and we will call you once this has been resolved.

SC: (Click!)

So, he did the job I was about to do. This is a man who obviously gets hired by other people to help out with computer issues and webhosting problems. It made me wonder inside if whenever someone right in his faces pisses him off, does he get hostile like this to them right back?
Working...
X