Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've NEVER seen THIS in baked bread! (nauseating!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cockroaches can live pretty much anywhere. They tend to be smaller in colder climates.

If you keep your place clean, you are not too likely to have trouble with them. But once you get them, they are very hard to get rid of.
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

And "Palmetto bugs" (big f-ing roaches) can FLY.

At least big roaches just wander in from outside and don't necessarily indicate an infestation like little roaches do.

Comment

Quoth candyshopgirl View Post
        Oh my fricking god I would never be able to eat bread again after that. I bought some kroger brand FMV brand bread one time and it had some black tar like stuff in it. I wasn't able to eat bread for a few months after that. I also bought some Kroger brand Big K dew drop pop and it wasnt even dew drop. It was their version of coke zero. And my hubby wonders why I tear my food apart and examine it before I eat each bite. Wait til I tell him your story.
        I've never had a problem with our soda (Big K Citrus Drop is pretty much the only kind I drink anymore), but yeah, I never buy our value bread or buns. There's always some black stuff on the bottom. I've always suspected it's lubricant off a conveyor or something.
        » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
          Cockroaches can live pretty much anywhere. They tend to be smaller in colder climates.

If you keep your place clean, you are not too likely to have trouble with them. But once you get them, they are very hard to get rid of.
          This.

A buddy of mine raises them. Yes. You read that right. He has like 13 species. And hundreds of the things. He sells them. To other breeders/collectors. Even some of the larger ones can squeeze into less than a quarter of an inch of space. They can get anywhere.

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post

When I was a kid, my mom bought a loaf of Wonderous Bread at the grocery store. When she pulled it out of the wrapper, there was a HUMUNGOUS roach on top of the loap (as wide, and nearly as long as a standard load of bread) . . . neatly sliced.

Aaaannnd....that's my lunch gone. I thank you.
            A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
            - Dave Barry

Comment

Quoth trailerparkmedic View Post
              And "Palmetto bugs" (big f-ing roaches) can FLY.

At least big roaches just wander in from outside and don't necessarily indicate an infestation like little roaches do.
              As a kid i remember one flying at me and landing on me.

It was a good minute before i stopped smashing it with a shoe.

Comment

The only time I've dealt with cockroaches was after moving into a townhouse and my direct neighbor had an infestation. I saw one strut across my living room floor like he owned the joint and after I went medieval on his little bug butt, I contacted management. The exterminator confirmed that the neighbors were infested.

For the record, this was in Ohio. In the winter.

Comment

I did some more research and, despite what's been said for years, it's not always a messy living area that invites pests. It's always about food (and around here, warmth), but messy living areas are more desirable and more apt to have food just laying around.

I also read that even one or two roaches are an indicated of an infestation somewhere in your walls or plumbing.

ICK ICK ICK.

And now, even though I want nothing more than winter to be over for good this year, I am not looking forward to all the bugs coming back to life and reproducing. I live near a park, and I get some really interesting little fuckers every year. The jumping spiders are almost as bad as the Asian Lady Beetles that infest all of Wisconsin every fall.
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

The cockroaches at our apartment building ages ago LOVED to hide in our radio. I remember Dad taking it apart and then slamming them on the counter, barehanded, like a crazy game of Whack-A-Roach.

He had to do that several times over several years.
                    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                    X