Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You can clean it up . . . you're a nurse.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can clean it up . . . you're a nurse.

One of my students told me this story at dinner when we were at clinic tonight.

My student, we'll call her Bess, works part time as a waitress at a local restaurant and was telling us some Sucky Customer type stories about her job.

One she related to us had to do with the closing routine at her restaurant. The wait staff would draw numbers to perform certain tasks related to closing. The night in question she drew the bathrooms.

Usually all that entailed was wiping things down, cleaning up loose bits of paper towels, etc. This night, she walked into the men's room shortly before closing, and heard a groan coming from one of the stalls.

Bess backs out of the men's room. A few minutes later, a man walks out, and walks straight out of the restaurant, ignoring his wife who was still seated at their table. Wife gets up, pays, and leaves. Another waitress begins to wipe the table and seats, when she pulls back her rag and goes, "what's this???"

This . . . was stool. Stool that apparently had leaked through the man's pants.

With trepidation, Bess went back to check on the men's room to be met with a stench most foul. One by one she checked the stalls until she came to the one the man had been using.

The best word I can think of to describe what she saw was "explosion." Shit all over the walls. Shit all over the floor. Shit all over the commode.

Bess goes to report to her manager. She's not about to clean that kind of mess up in a men's room.

His response to her?

"Of course you can clean it up. After all, you're a nurse!"

I told Bess my response to that would have been, "when you pay me $18/hour, then I'll clean up poop in your bathroom."
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Nasty, I hope she refused! If not, her bossman would be in a world of trouble IIRC?
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I'd be like bust out the hazmat suit and do it yourself, asshole!

Comment

Am I the only one that didn't mind cleaning up poop for retail worker's pay? I mean, bleach-based restroom cleaner and universal precautions go a long way.
        "Who loves not women, wine, and song remains a fool his whole life long" ~Martin Luther
        "Always send a lazy man to the angel of death" ~Martin Luther
        My MySpace
        My LiveJournal

Comment

I had something similar when I worked at a pizza place. I did pretty much all the work there, and never minded cleaning bathrooms. But one morning I was setting up the buffet before we opened and a guy walked in the door (manager had left it unlocked when she came in). I told him we weren't open yet, he asked to use the bathroom, manager yelled from the back to let him use it. I thought whatever and went back to work. Later right before open I went in the bathroom, and it was like you described. Shit everywhere. I went to the manager and told her it was her mess and she needed to clean it up.

Comment

Quoth SuperDan View Post
            Am I the only one that didn't mind cleaning up poop for retail worker's pay? I mean, bleach-based restroom cleaner and universal precautions go a long way.
            For a little smear of poop, sure.

For walls painted with poop, hell yes I mind! Oh, I'd do it. But I wouldn't be happy about it.

Stool is the one bodily fluid that, after 25 years in my field, still makes me nauseous. I literally gag and have to turn my head to keep from vomiting.

I can take blood, urine, brains, vomit, sputum, bile, and more. But not stool.

It's my Achilles heel.
            They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I hope she responded with something about requiring the proper tools - and yes, the appropriate pay for the situation!
              Seshat's self-help guide:
              1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
              2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
              3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
              4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
              X