• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Five whole minutes????

Hello everyone!

This is my very first sighting post!

OMG! Five WHOLE minutes?!?!?!?!

Was at the store with hubby to buy some veggies when I saw this little gem while waiting to check out.

NOTE: The store was not busy and there were 3 tills open plus the Lotto booth which is also express, but the cashier light was OFF and they were only checking out those buying lotto tickets.

A man in line decides this is unacceptable.

M=Man
    LC=Lotto Cashier

M: What do you mean I can't pay for groceries here???
    LC: I am sorry sir, but we're only open for lotto sales right now.
    M: What? Who is that girl behind you? Is SHE a cashier?
    LC: Yes she is, but this is a lotto only line.
    M: 'rabblerabblerabbleeleventy111!' Stomps off.

He walks by my line and shouts: I WAITED FIVE WHOLE MINUTES IN LINE ONLY TO FIND OUT IT WASN'T REALLY A CASHIER LINE!!!!!!!"

At that point I caught the eye of the customer in front of me. We both just shrugged and smiled.

Yeah, so that is the end of my first post! Sorry if it is long!

-ExArtShopSlave

Five minutes? Is that all? When my husband and I go shopping, we're LUCKY if we only stand in line for 5 minutes...usually it's closer to 10-15...or sometimes longer than 20, especially if I let him pick the line (he's cursed -- whenever he picks which line to go in, something ALWAYS goes wrong with the customer ahead of us, either the cashier's computer locks up, or the customer's card declines and they argue about it, or something spills and needs to be cleaned up, etc. It never fails...so I always pick the check-out lanes now. )

Anyway, to

Comment

Quoth MaggieTheCat View Post
      It never fails...so I always pick the check-out lanes now. )
      Problem is that if you pick the line, there's still the possibility of getting the slowest one by random chance. A better idea would be to let HIM pick the line, then make sure you go to a different one.

Comment

It never fails...so I always pick the check-out lanes now.
        I am reminded of *this*...

Quoth "Neil from The Young Ones, standing in a bank"
        Yeah, and it will be really bad, cause if we join one queue, then one of the others is bound to start moving really quickly. And if we join the one that was moving really quickly, then the one we were in the first place will start moving really quickly. And anyway, whichever queue we're in, the guy in front of us is bound to be from the penny arcade across the road, cashing up the whole year with millions of pennies
        and of course Neil ends up standing behind... a guy from the penny arcade.

Comment

lol I don't usually have any problems when I am shopping. Well, depending on the store. The Walmart near our house is always chaotic!

Comment

Working...
          X