Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok I showed the picture to the 3 people I know with the dirtiest minds. and none of them saw a penis. I'd take it as a warning that if you let those immature jerks do your tattoo, they wouldn't do a leaf. They would just tattoo a penis, cause to them that would be funny. And if you complained, they would just say they told you it would look that way.

Comment

I immediately recognized the image from LOTR. It would make an awesome tat, though I can see how there would be issues if it had to be downsized too much. Those guys were total jerks to you, though.

And don't worry about it being a geeky choice. No decent tattoo artist is going to judge you about it. There are far geekier choices out there, and if that's what you want and it has meaning to you, then go for it. (Hell, Hubby has the Abydos cartouche from the Stargate movie tattooed on his arm, and he wears it with pride! It is a very large tattoo, too.)
      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I don't see how the picture you posted resembles a penis. Maybe the guy who made that comment has a deformed penis or has seen some deformed penises? Either way, you shouldn't worry about his opinion if he's going to act so unprofessionally. This is your decision, after all.

I knew the design was a leaf, but didn't recognize it from Lord of the Rings even though I've seen the movies. I do like the script in which the word "agape" is written. Then again, I've considered taking up calligraphy as a hobby because I find such things fascinating.
        The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

I agree,they sound like idiots to me "hur hur it looks like a penis hurp durp."
          They were impressed by the size of it no doubt,haha. and got confused by your big words.

Comment

it's not whether the full sized detailed picture looks like a penis, but whether a reduced size far less detailed version that that is only going to get a passing glace will.

Honestly i suspect it will look like a green deformed penis on your shoulder, but it's your body and if you want the tattoo then it doesn't matter what it looks liek to other people.

Comment

Quoth Legal Eagle View Post
              it's not whether the full sized detailed picture looks like a penis, but whether a reduced size far less detailed version that that is only going to get a passing glace will.
              And the reduced size was probably the same size as their penis.
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I did go ahead and get my cartoony sheep put on one of my legs, the artist was awesome and didn't smirk, laugh, or even make a funny smile once. He even kept calling other employees to 'Come look at the little lamb' and took a bunch of pictures of it on his phone, something my friend said she has never seen done there with her tats before. I'm still eventually going to get the Lorien leaf done, but I might decide to relocate it or go ahead and make it a larger piece. A leaf on each side of my chest would be cool, with agape in the middle, I'm just not sure I'm willing to commit to something that large.
                The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

That's supposed to resemble a penis?

The tip of a penis is more rounded than that!
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

An elven penis, perhaps? Different strokes for different folks.

Comment

Quoth Mikkel View Post
                      An elven penis, perhaps? Different strokes for different folks.
                      Dammit! This is the second post THIS MORNING that has covered my monitor in coffee. Stoppit, right now.
                      What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

I can see how one would say it resembles a penis, but those guys should have had enough professionalism to advise you of this as why you may want to think about the tattoo more than just laughing or being snide about it.

Comment

Working...
                        X