This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone must have been really hungry!

I was at a dollar store in the area last night looking to get a few things, and while going through one of the aisles, I see this...

An emptied can of Chef Boyardee with a fork in it.

Not as bad as a used diaper in an aisle I suppose, but really?!?

Really? It's a DOLLAR STORE. It probably cost a whole dollar, two at most unless that particular store is gouging people. They couldn't afford that? Well I shouldn't judge...Maybe they were homeless...Still, there had to be some other way of getting food than that, hadn't there?
    "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

I've eaten cold canned pasta before, when I was too hungry to wait for it to warm up. It's not awesome, but it's surprisingly palatable. I mean, it's already been cooked by the canning process. Ever eaten cold spaghetti out of the fridge? Same thing.

Comment

But have you done it in a dollar store leaving the can AND the fork on an aisle and assumingly not paying for it?

Comment

Heh. No.

Comment

Where'd they get the can opener and the fork from?
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

It might have been a pop-top can. They're becoming more and more popular with companies, it seems(And good thing, too, it means less can opener washing! Pain the ass...).

That said... Does that store even sell Chef Boyardee? And am I the only one who isn't keen on the idea of eating canned foods from dollar stores without cooking them first...? Especially the name-brand stuff...
              Look, a signature!

If every cashier in the world went on strike, retail would come to a screeching halt, even if for a couple hours.

Comment

They probably stole the fork there, too.

As far as it being the dollar store, that can of pasta came from the same factory they come from when they go to a more expensive store. As long as the expiration date hasn't passed, and the top of the can isn't puffed up, there's no reason it isn't just as good as something bought elsewhere.
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Yes, it was a pop top and the store does sell Chef Boyardee. I saw a few cans in another aisle (yes, the emptied can wasn't even in the same aisle). I've been seeing more name brands you'd see in supermarkets in the dollar stores around here lately.

Comment

Classy!

And here, I was all stressed out and embarrassed when I had to open a box of tissues as I shopped (before checking out with it) because I had a sneezing fit and had no tissues in my purse.

Geez. I wonder if they took the fork from the silverware aisle too? I know a couple of our dollar stores sell the two packs of flatware for a buck. Either that, or he carried his own fork?

Too weird!
                    "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

I agree the actual food was fine, but if they got that fork from one of the open bins...ewwww.
                      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
                      X