This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
    The money from the Savers over here goes to Diabetes SA, while most of the others go back to a church with the exception of Goodwill.
    I love charity shops, thrift stores, whatever name you want to give them, LOL.

Our Value Village just says it goes to "local charities".

When we lived in the UK, it seemed every small town had several small charity shops, some "chains" for various things like Cancer Society, Animal orgainzations, etc. plus lots of one-off shops for local charities. My favourite was in the town we lived in in Wales, I can't for the life of me recall what charity it was for, but the decor was SO unusual - the entire ceiling and parts of walls were lined with lingerie, including lots of unique knickers and corsets that had to have been victorian, or close to it. Never seen anything like it, ever.

Madness takes it's toll....
    Please have exact change ready.

Comment

The only thing that could make the announcement better is if it sounded like GLaDOS.
      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

A lot of people who shop at Savers scare me.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
          The only thing that could make the announcement better is if it sounded like GLaDOS.
          *opens mouth to quote meme*

... ehh, no, it's been done.
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
            Please do not put the carts in the plasma inducers.
            Please remember to take your companion cube with you when you finish with the cart.
            Customers who return the cart to the proper recepticle will be rewarded with cake.
            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
            X