Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

12 Things I Found in the Aisles during Inventory.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 Things I Found in the Aisles during Inventory.

So my store is doing a massive Inventory check between all of its stores in the chain. My store is last, and is dramatically close to the deadline. So we're kinda rushing it. I'm doing an overnight, and in the course of the overnight, when nobody can disturb me except the Managers to (literally) toss me a donut, (I love these guys) I find the following items either hidden behind, or underneath the aisles.
    1. 19 coffee cups. Guess how many were from the staff alone? Probably over half.
    2. 7 bottles of Poland Springs water. Two of them weren't slightly less than full. WOW. Meaning someone opened them, took a sip, closed it (If even) and never touched it again. Don't those bottles cost about a dollar each? We even have a high quality waterfountain in the store. Bloody hell...
    3. A half-empty bottle of italian spices. What, the, f%@#!? A) We don't sell that. The dollar store nearby does, but not that brand. B) .. .. WHY?! .. .. WHY?!?!
    4. A plasticware container from Housewares with a whole bunch of loose screws and bolts and nuts in it from the hardware aisle. It was like someone just took a handful of stuff from a bunch of drawers and dropped it in there, closed the lid, and left it behind a few gallons of paint. Neat.
    5. An 8-pack of grape juice boxes. That's pretty neat. All were full. Found it in back of a bunch of those big blue picnic coolers.
    6. Peg hooks from a different store. Yes, that's right. That same dollar store. I'm in there enough to know what they look like. It was only two, and they had prices on them, but that was just an interesting find there.
    7. Two dead mice inside a pail behind the cleaning goods aisle. The pail was upside-down.
    8. During my stint in the cleaning aisle, I was looking at the mops, and one of the mops had a crack in its handle. (Which was just that little plastic thing that keeps it on the peg hook, at the other end of the broom.) I inspect it further, and find it to be hollow, and previously opened. It was filled with candy corn. How awesome was that? Someone bothered to stuff the broom full of candy corn to sneak it out of the store when they bought (Hopefully) the broom. Very interesting. ... and stupid. Very stupid.
    9. The empty bags of candy corn were scattered behind the aisle and under mops.
    10. Our store sells sheets of metal. Someone had taken a pliers and bent the piece of metal into a coil, and left the metal and pliers behind some Dremel stuff. I'm surprised nobody saw it there. It's pretty out in the open.
    11. An apple core in a plastic ziplock bag behind some sprinklers. But the sprinklers had just been put out on the shelves for the season this week. It must have been put there from somewhere else. Interesting.
    12. A dead sparrow. It was locked in a 4x12 or so cage array of febreeze.

My store apparently features scavenger hunts for the bored.
    SC: "Are you new or something?"
    Me: "Yes. Your planet is very backwards I hope you realize."

Note to self, if the next scavenger hunt calls for dead sparrow, check the febreeze.

Comment

I doubt someone was trying to sneak stolen candy corn out of the store. My bet? They were bored. So much trouble happens when people are bored.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth ShadowTiger View Post
        [*]A half-empty bottle of italian spices. What, the, f%@#!? A) We don't sell that. The dollar store nearby does, but not that brand. B) .. .. WHY?! .. .. WHY?!?!
        Do you get prepackaged gift baskets in at the holidays? Dollars to donuts says the bottle of off-brand spice was from one of those.

The rest of it... damn. People are WEIRD.
        What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth mharbourgirl View Post
          The rest of it... damn. People are WEIRD.
          You said it, sister! I can't stop giggling at the whole thread.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

is there any possiblity that the dead mice were responsible for the candy corn heist?
            Women can do anything men can.
            But we don't because lots of it's disgusting.
            Maxine

Comment

Quoth Sparky View Post
              is there any possiblity that the dead mice were responsible for the candy corn heist?

maybe that's what killed them?

and the sparrow was the lookout, he used the febreeze to cover the candycorn smell.....

Or maybe the sparrow murdrered the mice(for the candy corn), and was using the febreeze to cover the dead mouse smell.....

why yes I do have a very active imagination....I get bored easily....very easily...
              Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

I wonder if that was Jack Sparrow? Maybe he was filming PotC V: After The Tide, Get The Fabreeze.
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Now all that is needed is the things Red Daze finds to find their way over to you, and then there can be an epic battle of...weird things.
                  Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
                    maybe that's what killed them?

and the sparrow was the lookout, he used the febreeze to cover the candycorn smell.....

Or maybe the sparrow murdrered the mice(for the candy corn), and was using the febreeze to cover the dead mouse smell.....

why yes I do have a very active imagination....I get bored easily....very easily...
                    Nah, see, the sparrow was the lookout, 'cept right before the heist he got drunk on fermented birdseed and confided the plan to all the scavengers at that dumpster. One of whom just happened to be Lenny the Rat, a big player in the Rodent Mafia. They ambushed the mice, and the sparrow went for a nice long nap somewhere noone would find him for a good long time. Smart thinking... febreze obviously covers up the smell of dead sparrow. The mice were left as an example to other mice of what happens when you try to cross the Families.

It's not an overactive imagination. I have brain worms and if I don't feed them nonsense they'll eat my brain.
                    What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

All funny aside-how on EARTH did the sparrow and the mice get trapped anyway, especially the mice? (I hope they went under the bucket and it mysteriously fell on top of them but I suspect animal cruelty; same with the sparrow ) I'm surprised you didn't have a million maggots all over the place.
                      Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                      X