X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My cable company is SO dumb...

Everybody: How dumb are they?!

Hee hee, I shall never grow tired of that

Anyhow, my cable company is SO dumb, they're still running commercials for some local Chamber of Commerce wine-tasting thing that took place March 5, or last Saturday.

Today is Wednesday, March 9. Hello, anybody awake over there?
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Actually, I blame the Chamber, who scheduled and is paying for those ad slots. The cable company won't care if the date has passed, so long as they get paid. Bureaucracy and capitalism at it's finest.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

It seems to me the Chamber of Commerce had their own wine tasting event just before placing the ad.
      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Does the cable company name start with a Ch?

If it does I'm not surprised. I'm so glad I'm rid of those idiots.
        "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

the cable company aren't dumb, they get paid to show adverts they don't care if they are nonsense or not, it's like adverts in newspapers telling you to watch a tv show TONIGHT when it's not on for another 3-4 days.

Comment

Quoth Victory Sabre View Post
            Does the cable company name start with a Ch?

If it does I'm not surprised. I'm so glad I'm rid of those idiots.
            No. It starts with C-O-M
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
              No. It starts with C-O-M
              Ah, well then. Regardless of whether or not the ad silliness is their fault, they're still dumb.
              "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
              - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Our local stations do that, too. I've seen commercials at 11:30 at night that say "hurry, sale ends today!" And the store closed at 9 PM.

My guess is the store paid for a certain number of appearances and the station gives them what they bought, even if it doesn't do them much good.
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

This reminds me of Election Nights, watching the 11pm news well after polls are closed, and still running political ads... grrrrr

Comment

Working...
                  X