This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All in one day

I must have had an SC magnet caught on my clothes yesterday. Everywhere I went there was one.

I Don't Care If You All Miss Your Trains!

I have to get a train to my University, and the trains are hourly, so if I miss it there is no point me going, seeing as on a Friday I only have 2 hours of lessons. Anyway, I got to the ticket office, and there was one person selling tickets, which is usual for that time of day. However, the queue was OUT OF THE DOOR, which is very unusual. So, I join it, and see the hold up. This woman was harassing the poor ticket seller, asking ridiculous questions and getting him to write things down for her. Bear in mind the next train went in less than 10 minutes.

TS: So you catch the 11:30 train and change at this station to carry on to your destination.

SC: So which station do I change at?

TS: This one.

SC: What time do I catch the train?

TS: 11:30.

SC: OK this is too confusing!

TS: Here, the timetable will explain everything *tries to pass her the timetable*

SC: Oh no, you're going to do some work! Write it all down for me!

This went on for about 5 minutes, which is a long time when you're stood there doing nothing. Finally, he got her to leave, and she turned to the queue (most of whom had been stood there a good while with the look of it) and said:

SC: I WAS HERE FIRST SO DON'T YOU DARE SAY ANYTHING TO ME!

I was extra polite to the poor ticket seller.

I'm Too Good To Pay/Go AWAY!

So, I made the train, and I settled down to read my book, then I heard a commotion coming from the toilet on the train. Apparently, someone had been hidden in there to avoid paying the fare.

We got about halfway through the trip, and this man got on the train, and despite there being plenty of empty double seats, he came and sat next to me. Not a problem, except:

Man: Hi gorgeous

Me: ...hello *went back to reading*

Man: It's private here isn't it?

Me: It was.

Man: So, fancy a kiss?

Me: NO!

Man: Oh come on *went to grab my leg*

Me: Now listen. Go and foist yourself on some other poor sod, because if you have not vacated this seat in the next ten seconds, not only will I have you kicked off here for harassment, I'll make sure you can't use your little instrument ever again, got it?

He went, thank God. Scary stuff :/

Lecture Woes

I made it to Uni unscathed, and the lecture started. For some reason, there's three or four people who have to ask questions about everything. Yesterday, a girl held the lecture up for 20 minutes because she couldn't understand the difference between a prosecutor and a defendant. This is a LAW student.

Lunchtime

We had an hour's break and my friend decided he wanted to go to a different place for a change, so we went. You basically line up at the bar to order your food, so I joined the back of the queue. I was at the front and these men just cut in front of everyone to stand at the bar. The lad serving me asked me to go to his register, where the two men were stood.

OM: Are you serving here or what?

Lad: Yes

OM: Well SHE just walked up.

Lad: There's a queue and I have to serve them first, you just walked up, so...

OM: That's crap!

Me: Look! I've been waiting patiently, and the poor lad's only doing his job!

I ordered, and walked away, then as I went I saw the lad walk past the old men again to serve someone from the queue

That's all for now

SC: I WAS HERE FIRST SO DON'T YOU DARE SAY ANYTHING TO ME!
    Answer: Yes, you were here first, but you were last when God gave people brains!

I'm Too Good To Pay
    I'm commuting too by train daily, for the same reason as you. I've been doing this for so long time that I'm a "regular" in the eyes of the train attendants. This of course leads to them recognizing me and therefore allowing me not to show my pass.

Hence the other day, when I was told that I didn't need to show my pass, another traveler refused to show their pass, leading to some commotion:

ST: I won't present my pass to you, as HE over there didn't have to!
    TA: He's a regular and I recognize him, so I allowed him to rest.
    ST: But I won't show it to you. it's my right as you didn't demand it from HIM!
    Me: Let me show you my pass, maybe that'll shut him...
    TA, to me: Don't! I'm in charge here and if I tell you it's OK, and it's not OK to him then he must oblige!
    ST: I'm not showing it anyhow, It's my right! (or something like that, my comment)
    TA: In that case, you have forfeit your right to travel with us, even if you NOW present your pass!
    ST: But.. I have an airplane to catch!!!
    TA (conducting ST to the exit, and accompanied with applauses from the rest of the travelers): Not my problem!

Lesson to learn:
    Be nice to the people serving you and you'll get plenty back!
    Last edited by Daemonmonkey; 03-12-2011, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Quoth patiokitty View Post
      I snapped at her that it's hard to have any respect for the elderly when they have no respect for anybody else, and that age is NO deterrent to behaving with some sense of common decency.
      Actually that goes for anyone no matter what their age is.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

That first lady is why I always buy my tickets in large batches when I'm not on a time crunch.
        The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth patiokitty View Post
          . Her excuse? "I'm old...have some respect for the elderly."
          "Really? How old? Because my Grandmother/Great Grandmother (depending on your age) is 93 and she goes to the end of the line like a polite well brought up lady even when the queue is longer than this. I'd love to know what age causes you to forget your manners."
          (And BTW, my aunt <by love-not blood> H once gave hell to a 75 year old man who used 'I'm 75, show some respect' including pointing out that she was in line and she was 88! Shut the old jerk up in a hurry! Gotta love the good old folks as much as we hate the nasty ones. Sadly she only had another 5 years after that.)

Comment

yep, i like the elderly who know what manners are all about and are fiesty to boot.
            they make for some of the best entertainment known to mankind.

ticket lady apparently needs a handler, since she's too stupid to figure out the simplest things in life...and a muzzle.

Me: It was.

Man: So, fancy a kiss?

Me: NO!

Man: Oh come on *went to grab my leg*
            that wasn't a step over the boundaries, it was a flying leap...wtf? not just kick him off but file charges against this pervert.
            look! it's ghengis khan!
            Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Ticket lady reminded me of a woman who held up my bus in Tucson to count out her fare in coins. She was told by others that they had appointments to make (as did I), and she was rude and snapped at them.

The kicker was she got off on the very next stop- at worst it would have been a ten minute walk!

I hate people who cant be considerate of others.

Comment

Working...
              X