This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Crazy Dream thread.

Lately I've had some weird and crazy dreams. I only remember the last one (I've told Marm a few), but I can't be the only person who has messed up dreams. If you remember them..this is where it goes.

Last nights dream..the parts I can make ANY sense of that is.

I was riding a walrus, blowing on a horn. There was a battle going on around me, but it was a very odd battle. People would run up, tap on somebodys shield/helmet/etc and say either Penguin or Parrot. The person who's shield (etc) they tapped would lay down like they were dead. I have no clue if I was on the Penguin's or Parrot's side...

Then it really got weird..I remember dancing bears....
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

I have had disturbing dreams featuring coworkers lately, but I don't remember them.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I had a dream the other night that I was being chased by a hot dog that wanted to rape me. Sort of like the movie "One Eyed Monster" (it's on NetFlix!), except I'm talking about an actual, literal hot dog.
      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

This is good timing, Mytical...

I've had some weirder dreams, but just last night I dreamed I was in line to pay at the cafeteria at work, and in line behind me was Keith Richards. I have NO idea why I'd dream about Keith Richards.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I have weird dreams pretty much every night. Sometimes I even remember them.

This morning's is one of the latter.

Apparently, there is some sort of zombie-like mind-control infestation, and the dream runs like the typical teen slasher flick for a bit, with me and my friends running away.

I and another friend go to a third friend's house and barricade ourselves in. The father ends up going outside to try to reason with the people there, since they look normal and they somehow infect him enough that they convince him that shooting himself in the head is a good idea.

Meanwhile the one friend kills the other friend because she's actually the patient zero in the dream and it has something to do with her having killed her sister at some point in the past and being unable to die, herself, though I try really hard with a kitchen knife to do her in. She doesn't even bleed.

Then I'm running to try to find a way to stop her and I go through this bizarre amusement park like place that is also some sort of college, somehow.

I get to the library and run into two prophets (one of which is played by Whoopi Goldberg, courtesy of her appearance on the latest episode of 666 Park Avenue) who know who I am, and know what I'm looking for, and they give me a book that has instructions on how to stop patient zero, who was a girl earlier in the dream, but is now a guy.

Then I'm in another room and setting up the trap to get patient zero at which point I zone into being awake and there's no more dream.

Honestly, this is a fairly typical dream for me with much of it being made of recurring elements.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I had an odd one last night.

I was with a man who resembled Dick van Dyke as he is on whatever the series he is on now [as in tall, distinguished and greying, not that I was dreaming about Dick van Dyke] and we were with a realty agent looking at a commercial property that had been used as a garage in the past but had obviously been abandoned and empty for at least several years. I had wandered off into a back area, and discovered a reservoir for machine oil with several pinhole leaks jetting machine oil into an opened bin of blaster dust.
            [quick diversion for explanation - when you 'sand blast' an object in a glove box, the media used will break down with use, ending up with an amazingly fine dust that is seriously annoying - about like the ultra fine dust that results from a volcanic eruption. A cabinet blaster with a recycling unit looks like this:

and the dust is shaken out and drops down into a bin so you can dispose of it.]

The machine oil mixing with dust turns it into the most godaweful mess to clean up and dispose of, depending on what the oil contains, and what contaminates the dust has mixed in.

So I tell my companion that we really don't want this property because it will cost too much to renovate into a usable space. So we leave, and end up in this large warehouselike terminal, with a whole bunch of Russian/ex-com bloc [?] gaangsters - sort of like the Anarchy99 dudes from xXx. As we are bustled along surrounded by nonenglish speakers babbling something at us, one of them grabs some sort of self inking stamp and stamps several spots on my wheelchair, as if it was marked to be placed on their specific transport. I kept trying to make it clear that it is *my* wheelchair, and I can't walk anywhere and I need it to remain with *me*. I try French, my limited German, some Spanish and then the cat wakes me up by jumping on me. I vaguely remember thinking to myself as I wake up that I better get paper and pen to diagram a human leg showing the patellar tendon and 'cutting' the tendon to indicate that I can't walk because of leg damage, not spinal damage because I can imagine them sticking a knife in my leg to make me move it to demonstrate I am lying...

Though I suppose this is better than the odd dreams I get where I keep forgetting either crutches or wheelchair and having to go back to get them. Though I really do miss being able to walk unassisted. *sigh* I am ambivalent about the dreams where I can walk or dance, I do enjoy not having to gimp around, but it always is sad when I wake up.
            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

And this time, I'm on a freezing cold island and there's some sort of state meeting/dog show going on (why a dog show in a place where you can't be outside in the middle of summer without bundling up?) and there's something weird about the island. It turns out that the spirit of the island (this element is probably from having read Cold Days recently) is aware and likes the people that are running the government on it, but the spirit itself goes on vacation during the coldest months of winter to some warmer clime. And there was a visiting princess in there, somewhere, and she and the young guy running the island had a thing and the island spirit wanted to make sure she was happy there.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Warning possible religious content within.

I had a very .. odd dream. In my dream I had went back into the hospital, and was feeling very poorly. I started out in the waiting room, but had some sort of attack..and nurses had started to take me into the emergency room. Only .. for some reason I ended up in the womens restroom..and they had forgotten about me..so I was trying on my own to find somebody to help me. I made it out of the restroom..and finally found somebody to help me..it was a elderly man with one of those catholic priest collars on him. He ended up giving me an impromptu baptism..and suddenly I felt better. Which while weird is not the strangest part.

I began to tell him my history with the church. How it had been 24 years (about) since I had been to church. We sat on the floor, and as I was telling him I could see it all coming alive..as if it had been that very day I was talking about (ie today, not 24 years ago). How at 14 I had went to the preacher of my church..and older man who had started not feeling well..and was having guests come and preach when he felt poorly. So I asked him if I could give a sermon, and he said "The word of god is for everybody, not just a few." and he agreed to let me preach. I saw myself preaching, I saw the fact that there was not a dry eye in the house..and I told the old black preacher "Because I didn't remember or rehearse a sermon..god is inside a person's heart. If you let your heart speak, it will move people."

The old black preacher nodded, smiled, and said. "It always has been in your heart, and it always will be. So why have you stopped listening to your heart?" before I could answer him..he was gone..and I was sitting alone in my hospital gown on the floor of the hospital..and the nurses were all rushing over to me asking me where I had been. I looked everywhere for the old black preacher, but could not find him...and then I woke up.
                Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

I had a weird dream not too long ago. I was supposed to be in prison, only they'd let me out for my birthday. But I kept thinking "No, that can't be right. Why would I be in prison??" So I thought I'd look it up on the internet to see if it was true. But my computer had a virus, so it wouldn't work properly. Then I thought I woke up, and I was really relieved that it had been a dream.

Except that I'd only dreamed I woke up, and it was still happening.

That happened several times until I really woke up. I actually sat straight up in bed like in the movies. That's one of the worst dreams I've had in a while.

I'll also post a crazy dream a friend of mine had once. This happened just before the 2008 presidential election.

She dreamed that a coup or a revolution had happened and the arts were outlawed. So all of us who worked at this costume shop at the time had to come to work and log on to our Facebook accounts to find out where we would be reassigned. Several of us got assigned to work in a shop to make the jumpsuits everyone would have to wear now. But the best one was that our intern had to report to dental school to become a dentist! Definitely not the life he'd envisioned for himself.
                  "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

I've had insomnia the last couple of nights (due to stupidly drinking on a Friday night which dropped my body into 'convention weekend' mode).

Last night every time I *did* fall asleep I dreamt my alarm was going off and it was time to get up.... which of course woke me up! Gnah!
                    I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Ever have a dream where you dreamt something else?

For example, last night I dreamed I was younger and our house was destroyed by a tornado. I saw it touch down right in our front yard and hollered out "TORNADO!"

My parents and I made it to the basement (very slowly, mind you; nothing in my dreams happens fast) before the sounds of stuff breaking started.

But then the next part wasn't us climbing out of the basement to see how badly the house was damaged. It was me in the dark, freaking out because I dreamed the tornado, my dad was trying to calm me down, and somebody was calling us to make sure I was alright.

Then I finally woke up. Took a while to get back to sleep.
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I had another dream that caused me, my boyfriend and a mutual friend of me and the guy in my dream to go

The dream is linked to the subject of this one!

Except in my dream, I'm in the waiting room of the psychologists office, then he walks in. We exchange words, then I start crying for some reason. He then comforts me-as in putting arm around my shoulder, holding me tight, reassuring words, all that jazz. Then he takes me home, puts me to bed, then I end up falling asleep with him.
                        I then wake up the next day and we start walking around town....except that the streets are so clear and it's places I've been to before.

Yeah....STRANGE.

(oh and for those of you who are wondering, no I don't speak to that guy anymore. We exchanged emails, he touched a nerve, I responded in kind and yeah, we don't speak to each other....which is going to be awkward as we're studying to be teachers)
                        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I have weird dreams all the time, the ones I remember long enough to tell hubby about have convinced him the inside of my mind is a very scary place, lol.

Though I tend to forget the whole plots quite soon, my dreams are normally very, very vivid and detailed - I can be standing in a store aisle, and could tell you each and every item on the shelf. I'm convinced I could write great screenplays if I could recall the full plots, they're that involved. I also have dreams where I know all thru it that I'm dreaming, ones where I wake up (often several levels). And lots of weird subject matters, some of
                          them really quite dark.

My worst dream of all time was very short, very vivid, and the only dream I've ever remembered start to finish, for years (I dreamed it at least 20 years ago). In the dream, I woke up. I could smell the strong scent of flowers. The room was yellow, with sun streaming in the windows. I looked around, and saw flowers everywhere. And realized I was lieing in a coffin. Then I woke up.

I still feel creepy when I remember that one.

Madness takes it's toll....
                          Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Merriweather

I have dreams like that a lot, I mean vivid ones that is. Ones where I can remember things like the layout of a house I've never been in (to my knowledge at least) better then I can the layout of my current house in which I've lived 10 years or so.

Tonights dream was a very weird one..maybe the weirdest yet..even if not the most vivid one I've ever had. I was back in the place I grew up at (somewhere I have not been for 15 years), but for some reason mom did not recognize me...thought I was just some stranger who had just helped them fix their car. So I was going along with it for some reason, and was leading her to 'where I lived' which was some old unused box cars (for trains). She was wearing a green cloak that I've had a dream that Lois wore once, but anyhow...she came to a couple of houses.

Now before I continue I want to state that everything had changed about where I had grown up. Where these houses were (and where the box cars on the train where) was a junkyard, only in the dream the junkyard was gone and replaced by the houses and box cars).

Anyhow back to the dream..I said "No..those are houses the box cars are on up here.." but she didn't listen and insisted that I had to live there and went toward the front door. Which is when it got REALLY strange. We were attacked and ambushed by a bunch of kids..who wanted to turn us into slaves. Since they surprised us, and had weapons .. I surrendered .. as did mom..and we were taken inside this house. They relaxed too early and I was able to grab one, to use as a hostage. They then tried to put me into some weird leather restraints (I don't know how the person I had escaped..*shrugs*) which was supposed to 'instruct' me how to be a butler. I somehow used the restraints to push the oldest of the kids into a huge washing machine..and threaten to drown him unless they agree to let us go. Somehow I knew if they agreed they would keep their word. The second oldest tried to rescue the oldest, and I started to drown him too (giving a ten count before pulling both of them up just enough to get breath..this was a HUGE washing machine..we are talking jacuzzi sized)..I said "I just want to go home." and the kids gathered around and said "HOME" and agreed .. and I let the two kids out of the washing machine and woke up.

Comment

Ok... I think I need a large coffee this morning.

I dreamed I got to the coffee shop and decide to open it for them. Tried to and flicked a switch which made me 'reality sliders' and changed how far away from the road we were. Then the slider went the other way and changed the road angle causing a car to come towards me and then rocket back the other way knocking someone over (who bounced back up like rubber of course).

Then a few people broke into the back room and started eating everything. The owner arrived and started joining in rather than helping. Then I realised I didn't know HOW to make coffees and was trying to work out how to tell the co-owner.

At this point I woke up.
                              I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Working...
                              X