This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My dream for the morning:

There's a mad scientist trying to kill a friend/compatriot and he gets the two of us, plus another friend/compatriot into a theater place where he has is AI system turn the screen into a death ray, but I knew it was coming so we got out, but the scientist guy got caught, instead.

Then we got to another room where the AI played a video of something going on elsewhere for us, and we recognized the enemy as someone whose name I can't remember, now, but who we also called Bane.

And the the dream shifted and we were really just watching the final scenes of a Bond movie prior to going out somewhere.

In the middle of that, as a separate strain of dream, but somehow woven in, I was stuck in what was my room but all of the furniture and carpeting and stuff was missing, and I had to somehow build new stuff to have a-la Minecraft, which I don't play, but Nekojin does. >_>

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I don't usually remember dreaming, except maybe for a minute or two after I wake up. I had to write this one down right away (it's from a couple weeks ago), otherwise I wouldn't remember it. I wasn't an active participant in this dream; it was more like I was watching a movie.

Angela Lansbury was starring as a woman possessed by a demon. She had convinced the demon that she would work with him, but she was actually fighting him. When the demon finally manifested in the physical world, there was an epic battle between Lansbury's adorable blonde grandson and the gigantic red demon. Lansbury gave her grandson some magical earrings, which he put on to gain the magic powers needed to fight the demon. Part of the final epic battle involved using magic to move entire houses underground, where they became interconnected like a maze.

Then the cat woke me up, so I never found out who won.
      "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
      -Mira Furlan

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
        I have dreams like that a lot, I mean vivid ones that is. Ones where I can remember things like the layout of a house I've never been in (to my knowledge at least) better then I can the layout of my current house in which I've lived 10 years or so.
        Oh, yes, house dreams - I have those, where the house is so real, you know every inch of it (even though in real life you've never lived anywhere like it). I've had some very interesting houses in my dreams, very odd ones.

I've had a few where I wander around a store or house, just marveling at all the detail (I can name every item on a shelf in a store, etc) and thinking how cool it is to have such a detailed dream.

Then there aer those where I'm in some sort of real danger, but not scared, because I know all I really have to do is wake up, and I'll be fine.

I just wish the plots made as much sense when I woke up, as they did when I was asleep. Some of them are so involved, I just know they'd make a blockbuster movie

Madness takes it's toll....
        Please have exact change ready.

Comment

OK, I just had a strange dream last night.

I was holding one of those plastic boxes that you can buy food in, that kind that snaps closed. It had rice or sand or something in it....and a small scorpion, which began to try to get out, and I was frantically trying to tape the box shut so it couldn't get out. I woke up scared, with my heart pounding.

Seems pretty plain to me that it's my subconscious talking about me trying to keep something dangerous contained, but frankly, I have no idea what.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Last night I had this weird dream; Medusa from Clash Of The Titans (not that old crinkly medusa, but the CGI created one, wanted me....in her bedchambers with her. So she was chasing me around this museum trying to get me. I kept rejecting her amorous advances until she finally got pissed and tried to kill me. I narrowly escaped and as I ran around the corner I ran into Malificant, Sleeping Beauty Queen, and that Red Queen from
            Alice in Wonderland. They were going to kill me because I wouldn't share my Oreo Cookies. Do after escaping them, I ran outside in time to see Freddy Kruegar get but on the ass by a giant flying tiger shark.

Don't ask. I'm still trying to decipher the
            Meaning.
            NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

Comment

I had a rather bizarre dream, for me anyways.

I was having this dream where John Barrowman was doing this one man show/comedy thing on this HUUUUUGE stage, like the Oscars or Grammys kinda stage.

Somewhere in all of this, Nathan Fillion shows up and there's people hanging out at 'my house' (it seemed like a combination of all the houses/apartments I've ever lived in) and for some reason Nathan Fillion picked me up in a bear like hug, and being the goofball I am, I struck a "I'm flying" pose, and my friend K grabs a camera and starts taking pictures. Then both Nathan Fillion and John Barrowman are hugging me and helping me "fly."

It was very distinct that I could not fly, but they could, and were zooming all around the house while K was taking pictures.

After we were done flying and they had put me down, my dream did one of those 'And now we're over here' things and I was on my computer trying to figure out who to spazz at that I pretty much had a flying cuddle session with both John Barrowman and Nathan Fillion.

And then I woke up, and now I have Nathan Fillion's part of "A Man's Gotta Do." stuck in my head.

Comment

Kitten, are you sure you mean the Queen from Sleeping Beauty? She was a good person. She doesn't seem the type to be gadding about with Maleficent and the Queen of Hearts.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                  Kitten, are you sure you mean the Queen from Sleeping Beauty? She was a good person. She doesn't seem the type to be gadding about with Maleficent and the Queen of Hearts.

^-.-^
                  Heh dreams don't always make much sense. Like tonights dream. I went back into the army, but the building was more like my old middle school and Shawnee State University that I went to in like 1995. Most of the dream was just me exploring before we started basic training..but I met up with these two guys who I challenged to a dance off. We danced .. but instead of against each other we danced side by side..and they invited me to be part of their dance crew. Which met up at 11pm every night.

The funny part? I don't dance..to my knowledge if I were to try to dance, I would look like a chicken with its head cut off..or that may be insulting the chicken...
                  Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

I had two dreams this last sleep session.

One was based on listening to Nekojin play XCom and involved a war-torn city-scape and trying to avoid being attacked by people who had been infected by alien invaders, which made them very fast and strong and gave them the ability to grow talons and fangs.

The other had me as part of a bounty-hunting team. My weapons of choice were a specialized dart gun (blow gun) using darts tipped with a strong paralytic as well as a nasty poison that would cause a slow and agonizing death over several hours. My partner and I accept a challenge from another hunting team to see which one is better. We catch the other team checking our location via a telescope down by the pier (our camp is between a rocky beach and a major unpaved roadway) and we figure out that they plan to come at us from the beach, so we move to positions of cover on the other side of the roadway while watching the two of them trip our sensors as they move into the camp. I wait until one is in a good position and dart him. I then explain what he's been hit with and suggest he yield. He does and I use a syringe hidden inside a replacement cybernetic fingertip to administer the antidote. Because, if you're going to be dealing with a nasty poison like that, you'll want to have the antidote close at hand, as it were.

^-.-^

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post

^-.-^
                      I meant Snow White. lol but I've had dreams where "good guys" were evil and the evil guys were "good." I had one time Malificent was my BFF but I woke myself up from that dream coz Malificent scares the shit out if me.

Comment

And another episode from my bizarre subconscious...

For whatever reason, I'm riding a bike around a neighborhood in the middle of the night. (nearly all of my dreams where I'm a me analog take place in the middle of the night - it's pretty much only the dreams where the part I'm playing is me playing a part happen in daytime) I think I'm supposed to be going to work and I'm visiting gas station convenience stores looking for something (to eat or drink, I think) and I end up buying some knock off Hostess cakes. I pass by a couple of places that have been in other dreams but are only set dressing for this one.

I arrive at another gas station, only it's only a gas station on the surface. My old bossman (whose been dead for several years) is running things and he's the commander. A sales manager is part of the support crew and his job is to provide power for the defensive armaments, but he's too busy pushing out offensive attacks to be taking care of his end. Nekojin is running the defensive armaments, but he can't do much because he's not getting enough power from the manager to make it work. So the manager is chewing Nekojin out for not doing his job well enough and I but in and tell him that if he wasn't so busy showboating and was taking care of his end, then Nekojin wouldn't be having a problem. The Old Bossman chimes in that I'm right, and that the manager needs to look after his own duties and not keep trying to do other people's until his own are handled.

^-.-^

Comment

I had this dream last night where there were these shitloads of fuzzy 8-11 week old kittens. They were purring and sweet. Then one of the kittens rammed itself down the throat of my friend taking over his body. I threw the kittens off me because they were acting evil as hell. I threw them into walls and they kept flying at me. FLYING. Them my friend said in this evil tone, "it's easier if you submit to us! Your world is ours. Do this kitten jumps at my face and goes down my throat taking control of me. It turned out the kittens were actually evil mutated cats from space. They did the illusion of a cute kitten to deceive us. These mutant cats walked on two legs and were 8 feet tall. Freaky as hell. So I got turned into this evil space cat and helped take over the world.

*special note: I LOVE kittens and would NEVER hurt them in ANY way. I have had to be restrained by my friend from going after someone who kicked at a cat one time and the cat wasn't even mine!

Comment

My dreams are weird. Always. Actually, weird is an understatement. I mean, I once dreamed that I was working (in the dark, for whatever reason) and Ozzy Osbourne was my customer...and he wasn't happy. I don't recall why. I don't have work dreams as often as I used to (thank god because they were nightmares of being trapped there all night) but when I do, they stand out. A lot.

Another dream that sticks out for me is one I had a few months ago. I was sitting outside, and I could hear my favorite singer singing, as if he were somewhere nearby, live. I glanced around, and saw he was at a nearby park. I ran to my mom (she visits me in my dreams from time to time, even though she passed away in 2008) and asked her to take me over there. As we rode along in the car, I asked her how she was there, with me. I don't recall the answer now. I do recall getting to the park, seeing my favorite singer there, and freaking out. I ended up sitting on a stage type thing, with a perfect view of him from the side. Wonderful dream.

Have I mentioned I have premonition dreams? Those are all kinds of craziness! I dreamed Dad was in the hospital, a year before he ended up there. I dreamed we had taken a relative to a hospital to pass away...months before my mom passed away, in a hospital. Then, I dreamed that my family was all gathered together, minus my sister's part of it. In the dream, someone or something told me to call my middle niece. Someone in her family was sick. Days later, I found out that my middle niece herself was (and still is, off and on) very sick with thyroid issues! Trust me when I say that you will KNOW if you've had a premonition. Very eerie feeling, when you wake up and realize it.

ETA: The topic of being in places very familiar to you only in dreams came up. For me, it's a very elaborate shopping mall. No idea why. It's come up in my dreams several times. I'm usually wandering around it, trying to find certain stores, which, because my dreams like to randomly jump around, either switch places or disappear entirely.

Another vivid dream that stands out for me was that I was walking on an air mattress, toward the edge of it. I woke up, and was standing on my bed, about to walk off of it! That is the one and only time I have ever sleepwalked, too. Crazy!
                            Last edited by BrenDAnn; 01-16-2013, 12:59 AM.
                            "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

So...

One of my recent dreams had me as the new arrival at a secret super training facility full of late teen/early twenty-somethings. I get to know a few people. Then we're with one guy who I've become friends with and his roommate shows up. Everybody fears his roommate because the roomie has super strength and is pretty much impervious to anything and he's a bully about it. So the rest of the group is just kind of quiet and not looking at the roommate, but I'm not cowed. He threatens to hurt himself, so I dial the on-site medical facility to report it, but notice that he's not actually hurting himself and tell the doctor that it's a false alarm. And the bully roommate is all interested in the fact that I didn't freak out about it.

And there was another dream interwoven with that one that involved me being part of a team of people invading some secret base. It was completely unrelated to the other dream, but things kept kind of shifting back and forth between them.

^-.-^

Comment

I have a lot of weird dreams, but my most recent one involved me having donuts with Dr. House. That was it.

Comment

Working...
                                X