Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After an evening of watching Mr. Rogers Neighborhood and 1970's Doctor Who, I dreamed a story of a schoolgirl, a U.N.I.T soldier, a man wth a sword and a very large dog that might have actually been a coyote or wolf, traveling from the abandoned house they'd settled in to a factory that looked like a bit from the Land of Makebelieve to find a mad scientist and his buried robot.

And you know what? It's weird, but it's the usable kind of weird. I've half a mind to flesh out the setting and the characters and try to write the damn thing.
    Random Doctor Who quote:
    "I'm sorry about your coccyx, too, Miss Grant."

I has a gallery: deviantART gallery.
    I also has a "funny" blog: Aqu Improves Her Craft

Comment

I dreamed recently that Hermione and I were both travelling as the Doctor's (David Tennant) companions. That was kind of awesome.
      The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

I dreamed that I was robbing a bank (not my bank, though) with another woman who had a Jamaican accent. We were going through this old-fashioned vault and pulling out jewels, necklaces, etc. My boss was there, she was pissed off but helping us. We didn’t have any weapons, and I don’t remember threatening her, but my boss was doing what we told her.

Then, suddenly, a security guard walks in. He summons some more guards, and they put us in a room to interrogate us. They call it the Lava Room. So we’re sitting in this room full of filing cabinets and overstuffed chairs, drinking cherry Kool-Aid, when these blue-skinned elves in tie-dye shirts walk in.

The elves ignore us and go to this big vault door on the side of the room. One of the elves uses magic to pull the vault door off the wall. Behind the door was a floor of lava with black rock walls on the sides. Another elf, who looked and sounded like one of my fellow D&D players (complete with afro*) grabbed a bag and ran down the hall.

One of the elves who remained behind looked at me and said, “How do some people get to that age and not be able to run across the lava without the ash burning their feet?” as if walking on lava was the most normal thing in the world.

*except that he had to get his hair cut for work, so he doesn’t have an afro any more.
        "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
        -Mira Furlan

Comment

Working...
        X