X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easter Candy and Popsicles

Candy Meltdown
    I was called to do a carryout (they needed a 25lb bag of rock salt) and the minute I walked over I knew this woman and her husband where trouble. The wife was bitching about how this store is terrible, awful, etc. The standard "customer temper tantrum". She demands to speak to a manager, so I find her one. The woman complains about how she can't find X candy, why don't we have X , and how she and her husband went back and forth on the Easter candy aisle looking for said candy. Manager has the person in charge of groceries try and find X.

While that is going on CL(Candy Lady)'s husband tells her that they need to pick up a prescription. So I haul there overstuffed cart over to the pharmacy and wait. When they are done there, CL snarls at me asking if they've found X. I go ask the manager and she says that he has told her we don't have that. That makes CL furious. She takes out her checkbook and demands to speak to the district manager. My manager tells her she's not here. CL demands her number. Manager gives her the corporate number but tells her that she doesn't know if District Manager is there. CL then proclaims she knows DM and will tell her how terrible this store is. I finish the carryout and luckily both of them were quiet.

Popsicle Panic
    I had a morbidly obese woman (easily over 300lbs) come through the line in a motorized cart. She has the cart loaded down with frozen pizza's, three kinds of popsicle, a box full of bags of chicken parts, etc. When the order is complete the woman starts complaining that we where out of the popsicle that went with the coupons (note: It is the middle of March and NOT the season people normally buy a lot of popsicles). The cashier apologizes and says she can substitute the popsicles the woman grabbed instead. But no, the woman wanted the ones on the coupon (The deal was that if you bought a certain brand of personal pizza's you could get a ginormous bag of popsicles (the kind that with two sticks)). Just to paraphrase, she acted and talked the way a five year old who didn't get his favorite flavor of candy would. When we finally get to the car (her weight, plus that of her groceries has overtaxed the cart battery) she opens the box of chicken and starts complaining about it. Saying that the guy gave her thighs when she asked for "leg pieces". The bags are prepackaged at a factory and we don't have one called "leg pieces". We have breasts, thighs and drumsticks. All cost the same. She was moaning like we gave her Kobe beef instead of hamburger.

Quoth Ezio View Post
    She was moaning like we gave her hamburger instead of Kobe beef.
    Fixed that for you.

Comment

CL then proclaims she knows DM and will tell her how terrible this store is.
      I wonder how fast her head would explode if you asked, "So you know DM. Why do you need her number then?" (assuming DM is even female)

Comment

WTF, drumsticks and thighs ARE ''leg pieces."
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I imagine she was looking for "leg quarters" (leg & thigh attached to one another).
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Good thing she didn't get what she wanted. From the sounds of it you saved yourself from witnessing the beat devour a bag of frozen raw chicken bits right there in the parking lot

Comment

What's that phrase ... "First World Problems" ... my heart bleeds tacky tar for these suffering individuals who are deprived of everything that makes life worth living ... one specific type of candy and chicken leg pieces ...

Comment

^ Yes, I was going to say she should complain to the Philippino living atop a trash heap in Manila, searching it for scrap metal to sell in order to feed the family.
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

The "leg pieces" she wanted were *feet*, so she could eat popsicle toes.
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Candy Lady needs her meds adjusted, not more sugar. Good grief. If you don't carry X candy, then you don't carry X candy. I love Stauffer's shortbread valentine cookies, but this year, my local store didn't carry them. Oh, well. It's not the store's fault that corporate decided it wasn't a good sell for the tiny amount of shelf space!

Overstuff needs to grasp the fact that when something is out of stock, it's out of stock. It's fine to be disappointed, but don't whine and complain the entire time about something the floor staff can't change. Believe me, she wouldn't want the food if they were able to pull it out their butts like she seemed to expect She could have also graciously accepted the cashier's offer to be able to use the coupon on the popsicles she did get.

She also told the person helping Herself with the shopping for "leg pieces." If she didn't want thighs she should have said, "drumsticks," since the last time I looked, the thigh is still a part of the leg. (It better not have wandered off and created a new body part on me.) The helper doesn't have mind-reading powers. If they did, they sure wouldn't be working in retail. Alternatively, she could have... you know.. asked him/her to swap it out for drumsticks.
                    If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Quoth Pimento View Post
                      Good thing she didn't get what she wanted. From the sounds of it you saved yourself from witnessing the beat devour a bag of frozen raw chicken bits right there in the parking lot
                      She told me they were for her dog. Poor dog, having to live with that woman.

Comment

She probably is fattening it up so she can eat it!
                        ''Sugar cane and coffee cups, copper, steel, and cattle. An annotated history the forest for the fire. Where we propagate confusion primitive and wild. Welcome to the occupation''

Comment

Quoth patiokitty View Post
                          *BSOD*

Feeding a dog chicken with bones in it? Oh man...she's just asking for trouble, isn't she?
                          Depends on if she cooks the chicken before giving it to the dog. Chicken is a popular meat for raw feeders because it is so cheap. Raw chicken bones are soft enough that even a small dog or a cat can eat them without a problem. When chicken (or any other meat) is cooked though, the bones become hard and brittle.

Further reading for the curious: Bones

Comment

A dog or cat won't care if it's thigh or drumstick.

Ours get chicken necks. Or what our butcher calls 'carcasses' - basically the bones and attached scrappy meat that isn't worth their time taking off to sell separately.

As long as it's provided raw, it's great for their teeth - and they LOVE it. Even elderlycat goes at it with gusto.

We're just careful never to provide more than they can eat at one sitting, so it never stays out long enough to develop enough bacteria to be a problem.

(No, this is not their primary diet. It's a supplement: provides calcium, fun, and tooth-cleaning/gum massage.)
                            Seshat's self-help guide:
                            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

o yeah our poochie LOVES getting chicken. she doesn't care what kind of meat it is.

Comment

Working...
                              X