This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Seshat View Post
    A dog or cat won't care if it's thigh or drumstick.

Ours get chicken necks. Or what our butcher calls 'carcasses' - basically the bones and attached scrappy meat that isn't worth their time taking off to sell separately.

As long as it's provided raw, it's great for their teeth - and they LOVE it. Even elderlycat goes at it with gusto.

We're just careful never to provide more than they can eat at one sitting, so it never stays out long enough to develop enough bacteria to be a problem.

(No, this is not their primary diet. It's a supplement: provides calcium, fun, and tooth-cleaning/gum massage.)
    A buddy of mine who raises and butchers his own animals takes the carcasses and leftover bits that the humans don't eat and chops it up and freezes it in 1 pound bricks. So his dogs are getting the gut contents and assorted stuff that they would be getting if they were killing and randomly eating critters without human intervention.

[he is also one of the few people not grossed out by my getting my cat a pet store feeder mouse for christmas]
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth Ezio View Post
      When we finally get to the car (her weight, plus that of her groceries has overtaxed the cart battery)
      They see me rollin', they hatin'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRsZF-rsJi4

Comment

Working...
      X