Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I finally give an SC a piece of my mind.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I finally give an SC a piece of my mind.

Me: awesome game store manager working in a board and card game store in a mall.
    SC: Random guy.

Me: *opening spiel*
    SC: What is that 8:30 - 10:00 sign thing on the door?
    Me: We dont have any sign like that on our door.
    SC: No, I mean the one on the mall door.
    Me: Sorry sir but I do not work for the mall, I work for this store. I do not know or care what the mall posts on their door.
    SC: *cue Cat Butt Face* Well you should know, you work for the mall.
    Me: Sir, I am NOT Information central, I do not work for the mall, I DO NOT CARE WHAT THEY HAVE ON A SIGN ON THE DOOR!
    SC: *Storms out*

I was in a foul mood to begin with and that guy decided to push the wrong button. The one that my avatar attests to.
    "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."

I hate when they assume that since we are in the area we'll know what is going on at other stores. I've gotten so many questions about the building across the street, and if I know what stores are in there. (A lot of stores come and go)
    Life could be wonderful if people would leave you alone
    - Charlie Chaplin

The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.
    - Captain Jack Sparrow

Comment

Obviously the SC could read. Apparently they chose to not comprehend.

Comment

Let me take an educated guess. The mall opens at 8:30 AM and closes at 10:00 PM. That would be my take on that sign..even without seeing it. I wonder why the SC in the first post couldn't figure it out.
        Last edited by Brojekk; 03-28-2013, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Nope, not even close. The mall opens at 11am and closes at 10pm. I know, weird hours for a mall but this is one weird mall.
          "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."

Comment

Next time, explain is as though you were talking to a very dense, possibly dropped on their head repeatedly child.

"Those are the times that you'll be able to open the doors and come in the big building that houses all the little stores."

I never got those kinds of questions, probably because I didn't work in a mall.
            If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Quoth raudf View Post
              I never got those kinds of questions, probably because I didn't work in a mall.
              I did. Sucktomers seem to think that if you work in one store in the mall, you must know everything about every store in the mall and about the mall itself. It's irksome.

One time, when I was working at the Novelty Store at the Run Down Mall, some SC phoned me and asked me what movies were playing at the movie theater! When I told her that I didn't know, that I was at the Novelty Store, she sarcastically responded, "Well, why don't you go and look? Good idea, huh?" I told her I wasn't allowed to leave the store. What I wanted to say was, "Well, why don't you look up the movie theater in the phone book and ask them? Even better idea, huh?"

People just refuse to think, then they blame us when they don't get the info they want.
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

she sarcastically responded, "Well, why don't you go and look? Good idea, huh?"
                My answer: "Bad idea. Call the theater." *click*
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I get this, too, in various forms. It's not sucky, though. They just seem puzzled that I don't know what's in the mall. We're attached to it, but I rarely go in there.
                  "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I've gone to other, unfamiliar cities to help out in our other stores - I don't even know what the name of the shop is next door to us, let alone what it sells. And every day I'll get a handful of people coming in to ask "Do you know if the store across the road sells them?" ... No. I don't. Nor do I care.

Actually, the worst one was in a very small mall. We had a door leading directly outside and one of the other stores in the mall decide to advertise their products outside our door. Took me a while to figure out which one it was, too. Clearly their idea was that we would send their customers over there for them. Too bad the out of towner showed up and didn't know which store it was for.

As for what the 8:30 - 10:00 sign on the door means.. if there's nothing else written on the sign, why do YOU care?

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                      I did. Sucktomers seem to think that if you work in one store in the mall, you must know everything about every store in the mall and about the mall itself. It's irksome.

One time, when I was working at the Novelty Store at the Run Down Mall, some SC phoned me and asked me what movies were playing at the movie theater! When I told her that I didn't know, that I was at the Novelty Store, she sarcastically responded, "Well, why don't you go and look? Good idea, huh?" I told her I wasn't allowed to leave the store. What I wanted to say was, "Well, why don't you look up the movie theater in the phone book and ask them? Even better idea, huh?"

People just refuse to think, then they blame us when they don't get the info they want.
                      I... buh ... WHY would you make a phone call deliberately to the WRONG PLACE? The theater has a phone, this unrelated store has a phone, I think I'll call the second one!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                        One time, when I was working at the Novelty Store at the Run Down Mall, some SC phoned me and asked me what movies were playing at the movie theater! When I told her that I didn't know, that I was at the Novelty Store, she sarcastically responded, "Well, why don't you go and look? Good idea, huh?"
                        "Oh my word yes! Give me a minute!" *Leave her on phone for minimum 30 minutes. If still on the line when checking half an hour later "I'm sorry I went out to check but I forgot how to read and I couldn't find anyone to tell me what was on"

Comment

I'd be tempted to ask them what movie they were looking for, and give them wrong information. If it's not playing, tell them that it is. If it is, either tell them it's not, or give them a start time an hour after the actual start.
                          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth manybellsdown View Post
                            I... buh ... WHY would you make a phone call deliberately to the WRONG PLACE? The theater has a phone, this unrelated store has a phone, I think I'll call the second one!
                            Why?

It's a game that so many people play.

It starts with, "I want to know what movie is playing at the local Bijou," or " I wonder what's on special at Joe's Greasy Spoon," or what have you.

Now a smart person would look up the number for the local Bijou, or Joe's Greasy Spoon or what have you and call them and ask.

But that's far, far too easy and gets you your answer much too quickly.

No, no, clearly what you need to do is call up the local muffler shop to find out these things. Hey, the guy at the muffler shop might know, and bonusbonusBONUS!!!! if the guy at the muffler shop doesn't know (oh boy! oh boy! OH BOY!) I can give the guy a verbal fisting and tell him how stupid he is.

And isn't that really what these kind of people want?
                            I have a map of the world. It's actual size.

-- Steven Wright

Comment

Quoth Carsomyr View Post
                              And every day I'll get a handful of people coming in to ask "Do you know if the store across the road sells them?"
                              This happened from time to time at DaddyJim's Pizza, as well -- and we weren't even in a mall! We would get people asking us for the specials and/or the freaking phone number for the competition ~_~ Even if we knew that information, there's no way we would tell them...After all, it's not bad customer service to refuse to help someone who has explicitly stated their intent to buy from the other guys, and not from us ...

I mean, it's not like pizza places "traded" food with one another or with local burger or fried chicken joints >_> Ever. For reals. ^_^;>
                              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                              X