This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick takes from the qwik-e-mart

The brand name of the sunglasses we sell is that of a dog breed. A customer was browsing the sunglasses rack the other day and got very excited because she had that breed of dog, and the glasses must be especially for them because it said it right on the tag. She even begged me to let her take a pair out and try them on the dog. I told her no, which she accepted, but she insisted on running outside and holding the animal up for me to see. When she came back in to pay for her purchases after the improptu dog show, she sadly informed me that her husband wouldn't let her buy the shades.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SC: I need a pack of Marlboros.
    ME: That'll be <price>.
    SC: Hmm. These used to be <lower price>.
    ME: (serious face) My mom used to pay a quarter.
    SC: (stares at me for a second, then chuckles) Be right back, I have to grab some change.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was outside changing the garbage when a car pulled up with a small child in the back seat. The driver got out, leaving the car running as he got out and walked toward the store.

ME: You know there's a baby in your car?
    SC: I'm just running in quick to...

He didn't finish his sentence, just rolled his eyes, then went back to the car to get the child before using the ATM inside the store.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A guy came in and looked at our cigar rack.

S(toned)C: Oh, they're <price> now?
    ME: I'm sorry?
    SC: <drops a large handful of loose, price-marked cigarillos on the counter> I bought these last week and I just can't use them.
    ME: You didn't buy them here. We haven't had them at that price for quite awhile.
    SC: Are you sure? I could have sworn I got them at a <our store name>.
    ME: I'm sure, and we're the only <our store> in town. Maybe you're thinking of <store on next street over>.
    SC: Maybe. I was really high that day.

He gathered up his cigarillos and left.

Quoth CarcinogenCrunchies View Post
    TThe driver got out, leaving the car running as he got out and walked toward the store.
    Bad enough that he left the kid in the car, but he left it running? Double the temptation for any would-be thieves, here >_>
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
      Bad enough that he left the kid in the car, but he left it running? Double the temptation for any would-be thieves, here >_>
      Definately. Even well meaning, non nasty people can be tempted. I saw one just like this (although it was a dog, not a child) the other day and wondered if I got in the passenger seat how long I could be there until the owner got back.... too sensible to actually do it though.
      I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Dog shades - that's cute… although not all dogs want to wear shades. Mine doesn't like them

I love it! Talk about shutting down the "well it use to cost ___" argument fast!

(and yeah I remember when cartons cost $19.99 - back when I worked at a crappy (now gone) discount store)

SC: I'm just
        I HATE the "I'm just" line - as if using "just" means whatever actions they want to do are suddenly allowed, even though they know it's not.

Like one wench on my first ship. She KNEW we were on water-hours (shipboard water shortage, showers ONLY allowed from 05-07 & 18-20). So what does she do? Get up whever she wanted and hop to the showers anyway. Her excuse? "I Just… " No. Rules apply to EVERYONE, even if they say "I'm just…"

"I'm just a jerk" is what they really mean.

/rant

He gathered up his cigarillos and left.
        Well that explains why he couldn't use them. I guess they're not easy to tamper with.

Comment

LOL! I hope you don't mind if I borrow that line sometime. >.> Although I'll probably pick the wrong customer and - well - I'll be posting on here if that happens.

ME: You know there's a baby in your car?
          SC: I'm just running in quick to...

He didn't finish his sentence, just rolled his eyes, then went back to the car to get the child before using the ATM inside the store.
          My CW's boyfriend left his car unlocked (no keys or anything, just unlocked) one day while he was visiting her. His brother noticed and quickly moved the car to the other side of the car park to teach him a lesson. He's definitely much more careful now. And to be completely honest.. while I wouldn't touch his car myself, I know a few people who WOULD pull the exact same stunt just to teach that guy a lesson.

Comment

Quoth Gizmo View Post
            too sensible to actually do it though.
            I have often been tempted to jump in a running empty car and move it to the other side of the parking lot. Not worth the potential car theft charges although I do like imagining the looks on their faces when they come out and their car isn't where they left it.
            You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution, Miss Scrumptious.

Comment

Quoth Carsomyr View Post
              LOL! I hope you don't mind if I borrow that line sometime. >.>
              Go right ahead! It just popped into my brain and out of my mouth when the guy said that.

Comment

Working...
              X