This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your avatar!

So share your story behind your avatar. If there is one.

Mine at the moment is a Squirtle. Aside from it being one of my favourite starter Pokemon ever (for some reason, I prefer the water-types in nearly ALL the games with the exception of Heartgold/Soulsilver where I prefer Cyndaquil), the scene that my avvie comes from gives me the giggles.

Basically it comes from a VERY early episode of the Pokemon series. All the Pokemon of the main characters (Ash's Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Squirtle etc.) had been separated from their trainers. They're wondering what's going on and Squirtle points out "Maybe they all got eaten by wild Pokemon."

This scene. (safe for work)

On a totally unrelated note, pikachu looks so much fatter in the early days....
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

My avatar is the delicious (to me) Colin Mochrie from WLIIA, doing his dancing Velociraptor. I love me some WLIIA. TTO is always teasing me for watching and rewatching episodes...

Previously I had Castle (Nathan Fillion) and before that it was the Forbidden Dance...
    The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

There is never anything wrong with honoring the comic diety known as Lord Mochrie ^_^

FH - I was gonna ask. It's pure awesome.

Current ava -- Kyubei (sp?) from Puella Magi Madoka Magica. Long story short - thorough deconstruction of "magical girl" (read : sailor moon) type anime. Wonderfully dark and cynical, with artwork apparently by a tag team of Terry Gilliam and HR Giger. Kyubei is the magical critter that grants the "special powers" in question (for a price...), and is one creepy-as-hell little kittyrabbitthingy.

My old penguin-looking thing was a prinny from the Disgaea series. Essentially, they're artificial containers used by the denizens of the underworld to confine the souls of humans who have committed incredibly horrible sins. Said souls are forced to serve as disposable menial laborers/soldiers - in Hell, mind you - while being trapped in the bodies of highly-volatile exploding penguins with a pair of peg legs, until they work off their karmic debt. Naturally, their masters are fully aware of what they are, and treat them accordingly...Often, as living hand grenades. Then they just come back into existence later on and continue the process.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Mine is an illustration from the Arnold Lobel collection "Mouse Soup". He's one of our favorite author/illustrators thanks to his simple, quirky stories and sweet art.
        https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Mine is K9 from Doctor Who. Awesome show and an awesome dog.
          Low lie the Fields of Athenry/ Where once we watched the small free birds fly/ Our love was on the wing/ we had dreams and songs to sing/ It's so lonely around the Fields of Athenry

Comment

Mine is an older picture of my dog. I should really update it though, since she's grown a lot since then.
            Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

Mine is a little image I whipped up to go with the quote in my signature ("There are only four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!") and custom user title ("Pedestrian of the Apocalypse").
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Mine is the late, great, Fox. He was, probably, the fastest beer drinker in the world, and also creator of dirty songs. His popularity came from The Man Show.

Sadly prostate cancer killed him back in 2000. May he rest in peace.
                "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Zicke, zacke, zicke, zacke, hoi, hoi, hoi! He was awesome.

Mine is, of course, Stitch. I like him because he shows a little of the 'old school' Disney - a character that's mischievous with a heart. (Chaotic Good?) Was a nice change of pace originality-wise when he was first developed also.

Comment

Mine is Princess Monster, a stuffed animal my husband got me after my Mom died a few years ago because it made me smile. My daughter has now claimed her.

Comment

I stuffed Pippin in a little Easter basket which pissed her off...
                      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

My avatar is my Himalayan cat, Casey. Got him from the friend that has our horses. My first cat, a flame-point Siamese named Alex had heart problems, and when he first got sick, I was told that if anyhing happened to Alex, I'd get a kitten. (my friend bred Himalayans). 2 months after Alex died, I came into work to find a note on my desk announcing that Cleo had a litter of kittens. I got my pick, and chose the only boy in the litter. I had Casey for 6 years, until he too died suddenly of a heart problem. This picture of him was taken when he had snuck onto my stereo speaker, and had just been caught up there.
                        That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

My avatar is Agatha Heterodyne, from the Girl Genius comic book.

I identify with Agatha, and wish I could grow up to be just like her.
                          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

my cat Athena-she's a ragamuffin
                            Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Mine is #1 daughter in a geodesic dome made of soda straws welded at the vertexes with a hot pin.

My nieces asked their dad, "Daddy, where'd Uncle D get the picture of a baby in a cage for his FB avatar?"
                              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                              X