This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squee!!

My hubby is the best hubby in the world!

He got me the Dresden Files RPG Book 1 for my birthday!!

I don't think I'm gonna be able to get any work done tonight....
    My NaNo page

My author blog

Wow, there's a Dresden files RPG??

Oh ... and yes, you do have a wonderful hubby!

Comment

Yes there is ^__^

Kabe got me Book 1, and his mom gave me a check to buy my own present, so I'm going to get Book 2 that way ^__^

Course, this means I actually have to GM a game....
      My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

IIRC, Book 1 is all the game mechanics, how the Dresden RPG system works.

Book 2 is all the Dresden-specific mechanics, describing how various baddies and characters would be represented.

The books are written as if it were Billy (from the Alphas, the werewolf gang that's buddies with Harry), Harry, and Bob the Skull adapting Harry's "casefiles" (books/stories) into this game that Billy had created. Complete with snarky little notes written by all three in the margins.

Such as:
        (Harry) "Billy, why do all of the pictures of me make me look I've been beat to shit?"
        (Billy) "Are you on a case right now?"
        (Harry) "Yes."
        (Billy) "Then you're beat to shit?"
        (Harry) "Damn."
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Yep. Even if I don't run a game immediately, I'm still getting loads of entertainment from the read :ROFL:
          My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

I own both the books as does a buddy of mine.

I made a character for experimental purposes, but we haven't been able to convince anyone to play

Comment

Could always do an online game...
              My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Quoth Kheldarson View Post
                Could always do an online game...
                I'm always down for that kind of thing. But I don't have Book 1 of the Dresden RPG. I picked up Book 2 when I saw it at Borders, and kept going back hoping to see Book 1 in stock, but they never had it. And then Borders went under. B&N doesn't have the same selection of RPG books-- they seem to exclusively stock D&D books around here.

I've got books for nWOD (Vampire, Werewolf, Mage, Changeling (and most of the followup expansions for Changeling), Geist, Monte Cook's, Mage Night Terrors (or something on those lines), and Hunter), all five Scion books (Hero, Demigod, God, Companion, Ragnarok), Dresden RPG Book 2, and the Exalted core book. I have a bunch of other games in PDF format (the rest of the Exalted series, Genius: The Transgression, Firefly RPG) too.

On another board, I've tried to get in on some play-by-post games, but some either died out (two different Hunter games, and a half-PbP, half-IRC Firefly game) or I didn't get picked to make up the initial crop of players.
                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

Comment

I'd be down for that. I'd be slightly restricted on time of the week since I'm already presently the HST for a local LARP.

Comment

Let me read through book 1 and figure out the mechanics a bit (I've never even played a Fate game so learning!), and then we can figure out times to play and where we want to play (on this board, over a chat program, IRC, whatevs.)
                    My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

So, we tried working up a practice game based around Charleston, that being one of the few towns we both know well. Considering this place has been settled since the 1780s and has always had a primarily Scot/Irish population, there's a surprising dearth of haunts and legends nearby.

Save, of course, a certain bug monster about an hour North.
                      » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

Um...Chanlin, Jay, if you still want to play, I think I should give you fair warning that Kabe is planning a walking plot device at this moment.

And giving me ways to further mess with his character.
                        My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

What? I just wanted to be a minor talent with Cassandra's Tears and Ghost Speaker.

And I wanted to know if I could get Psychometry for 0 if it was involuntary. Of course, I'd have to wear gloves so that it wouldn't go off constantly. Except that sometimes that wouldn't work and I'd get visions anyway, simply because life mocks me.

I think my major aspect would wind up being "It's Not Paranoia If They Really Are After You".
                          Last edited by KabeRinnaul; 04-25-2013, 12:33 AM.
                          » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

Still need to get my hands on a copy of Book 1, and a non-beat-to-crap Book 2. (My copy ended up... damaged after I stepped on it and tore its binding to bits.)

I'd go with PDF copy if not for the fact I probably wouldn't have an easy way to access it at work. (Which is where I'd be writing most of it.) I'll look into it.

Comment

I can always walk you through the character creation. The book treats the setting and character creation as being a collaborative and first session effort. I just want to be more comfortable with the rules before we go into it.

But I am thinking maybe next week or so I might have it roughly down.

Course we'll be playing without major shakers until I get book 2 myself.
                              My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Working...
                              X