This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm certainly still interested.

Both my books are PDF so I'm ready to go whenever.

EDIT:: Just to put it out there I'm leaning toward Focused Practitioner or full on Wizard for my character concept.
    Last edited by Chanlin; 04-25-2013, 04:38 AM.

Comment

Picked up the PDFs for YS (Book 1) & OW (Book 2) earlier, reading through YS.

I am game to give it a try.
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Then any preferences as to method of play? Chanlin suggested Roll20.net as a meet site or there's Skype or forum or a mix
        My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

I'm open to just about anything. Skype is great for the voice chat aspect, plus I already have it installed . I was just looking at rolld20.net since it has a chat room that supports easy online dice rolling for the fate system. Of course we can always play by the honor system or use some other program if we want.

Do you know what sort of power level you want to run at Kheldarson?

Comment

I'd like to start at the Feet in the Water level. I'll be honest: the first adventure may be an adapted one from Evil Hat (I downloaded all the ones they have created).

Plus, it'll give a chance to play the whole system.

But we can debate all that when we start creation. I would suggest that the creation phase definitely be as in person as possible since it's a group project.
            My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

I'm not one for Skype. I'm just not. And although it would be faster to determine things via a chat set-up, I don't know how reliable that might be for me. When I'm at work, the network mucks with that kind of thing-- although I could always log into my IM services with some site like eBuddy. (I can't download Pidgin or Trillian or mIRC onto the computers at work.)

I've always preferred forum-based play, honestly.
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

Comment

So no Skype...have an IM preference? Skype's honestly my usual chat room, but I'm sure I can still recall my AIM login....we can easily do a mostly forum with IM meets as necessary.
                My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Quoth Kheldarson View Post
                  So no Skype...have an IM preference? Skype's honestly my usual chat room, but I'm sure I can still recall my AIM login....we can easily do a mostly forum with IM meets as necessary.
                  I have AIN & MSN (Windows Live they call it now), and YIM if need be.

Comment

I love the Dresden RPG...and reading the side notes on the books is like reading a whole new book God I've never laughed so hard as I have at those books...

The RPG is fun too, if you have a good GM to run it. I have a couple characters in that universe who have been tons of fun to play

Edit: if you really want to give your GM ammo for terrible things to do to the party Just include one specific mention for the background of your character: "Oblivion."

If you've read the side stories, you'll know why that could be a potentially difficult and dangerous background to have...especially since you can't tell your fellow party members about it. My last guy was a scion of Hephaestus involved in Oblivion...and all hell broke loose every time he had to run a mission lol
                    Last edited by KhirasHY; 04-25-2013, 09:52 AM.
                    "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
                    "What IS fun to fight through?"
                    "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Note to self: No Oblivion backgrounds until more GM experience acquired

I have been seriously enjoying reading the book as well. If I giggled any louder at work, I think they'd think me mad.
                      My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

What's great about the PDF version versus the print version is you can copy-paste stuff around. Including parts of the text that Harry's blacked out.

I noticed a blacked out portion in my print version of Book 2 where information was put down about the Almighty (aka God), with a note from Harry in the margin stating he doesn't like Will's speculation about the nature of the Almighty like that.

In Book 1, there's a part where Will talks about how some locations have power, and comments that the players can bestow power on them, "Maybe the Pyramids at Giza are--" and then Harry redacts the rest of the sentence, with a note saying, "Billy, you can’t reveal that sort of thing here. Pick a different example." Will then adds, "What, did I guess right?" The redacted part reads ["nowhere near as bad as Chichen Itza."].

There are foreshadowing bits in the RPG books!

Comment

Yeah the books are a great read

I can do pretty well any IM.

I have YIM (not installed, but I don't mind), Google Chat and MSN.

Of those I'd much rather use YIM or Google Chat.

I have my High Concept and Trouble in mind, I'll save the rest for when we actually do character gen.

High Concept: (Wants to Be) The World's Best Enchanter

Trouble: (Mom) Made a Deal With the Summer Court

Not sure yet whether I want it to be the character made a deal or Mom made a deal. I know that's so a copy of Harry in some ways, but if I do it as mom made the deal then I could have it where the character has no idea what mom's end of the deal was.

Comment

Quoth Chanlin View Post
                            I have YIM (not installed, but I don't mind), Google Chat and MSN.
                            At home, I use Pidgin to access all of my IM accounts-- AIM, YIM, and MSN. I have G-Chat too, but it's for a non-email address I created to organize notes for my Scion homebrew idea.

If it comes to a choice of systems, MSN is my preferred, but I can make it work for any of them as needed.

I have my High Concept and Trouble in mind, I'll save the rest for when we actually do character gen.
                            I have some ideas as well, but generally I try to create a character to fit the setting rather than fit the setting to the character, in these circumstances.

If you guys need my IM handles, shoot me a PM.

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                              What's great about the PDF version versus the print version is you can copy-paste stuff around. Including parts of the text that Harry's blacked out.

<snip>

There are foreshadowing bits in the RPG books!
                              Well, the RPG came out the same year as Changes so I'm sure part of the pyramids block out was to prevent spoilers to the book (depending on which you got first).

And seeing as I just got the PDF of Book 2, I'll have to play with the rest ^^ But how much is spoiler, filler, or just plain teasing, only Butcher knows

I have an old (like uber-old) MSN account, and I'll find out if Kabe has one. If so, we'll use that. Kabe and I are both of this Saturday, and I'm off most weekends.

How're everybody else's schedules?
                              My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

I'm jobless at present, but I'm also in the education field as far as job hunting goes, so I'll have weekends off no matter what.

This Saturday I'm going to watch a performance that my niece is in. It starts at 2pm EST and I'm not certain of when it is supposed to end. I most likely won't be home until 9pm or later. Otherwise I'm normally free all day on Saturday

Sundays are right out for me since that is when the LARP i'm a part of meets.

Comment

Working...
                                X