This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smiley and Image Only Posts Are Being Deleted

Per the rules we do require content in people's posts. Quality over quantity.

Image and smiley only posts are always deleted automatically when seen by a mod or reported by a member. Always have been, actually.

If you put meaningful content in there, of course, they won't be deleted.

Don't worry too much. We aren't terribly fussy about what constitutes meaningful content. But be aware that something like, "Filler" or a bunch of random crap isn't going to be considered meaningful.

So, if you're wondering where your image or smiley-only post went, hopefully this should explain it.
    The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Bumpity bump bump!
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Giving this one another bump.
      "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Bumping this back up again, as I've been seeing a couple of posts lately that fit this description.

It's not rocket science, folks. Really.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Looks like it's time to give this one another bump.
          Sometimes life is altered.
          Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
          Uneasy with confrontation.
          Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth Dips View Post
            smiley only posts are always deleted
            This makes Smiley sad

No seriously, when I first saw the thread title, I thought I knew what it meant, but had that split second, wait they aren't talking about me are they
            If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

I don't think you need to worry, man. SmileyEagles are an endangered species, are they not?
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I wasn't even aware of this - figured emoticons would bring up the same error as limited character replies do.

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                  This makes Smiley sad

No seriously, when I first saw the thread title, I thought I knew what it meant, but had that split second, wait they aren't talking about me are they
                  No. No worries there.
                  The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

sms -- I know you can enter emoticons via their text equivalents by enclosing them in a pair of colons, so my guess would be that most emoticons, in and of themselves, count as the colons plus the "codename" for the smiley, thus making even a small number of emoticons be seen by the system as long enough to be a proper post.

eg, or : angel : (remove the spaces) likely counts as 7 characters for the purposes of "post size," and or : brainbleach :, as 13.
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Giving this one another bump. Just as with excessive quoting, I've been seeing a lot of it lately, and a lot of it is being done by people who have been here long enough to know better.
                      Sometimes life is altered.
                      Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                      Uneasy with confrontation.
                      Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

speaking of quoting, is there any way we can change it so images can't be quoted?

i personally just turn the "img" tags to "url" tags myself. i got the idea from another site i go to where it's automatic, quoted images turn into URLs etc. i just keep wondering if there's a chance we could try that here, cos it might save on bandwidth issues too

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                          speaking of quoting, is there any way we can change it so images can't be quoted?
                          I haven't checked, but do the images still link in on quotes if you use the [wimg] tags? I try to remember to use those when I post a pic somewhere, but I've never noticed it quotes duplicate them or not.
                          "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
                          "What IS fun to fight through?"
                          "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Yep. I quoted a WIMG by accident the other day and saw that it too comes up as an image in the quote. I went back and changed it to URL tags.

Comment

Bumping this up as a reminder.

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Working...
                              X