X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Spice did it again :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLTIowBF0kE

I saw this during the previews before Twilight.

And I think they did the same thing they did with the previous one... minimal CGI. maybe some editing to cover up some wires but seriously. i think it was all just well staged sets, even the change of clothes at the end i think was minimal CGI

not sure how they did that last part exactly but i think it was not as much CGI as we may think

Hehe...I love him...er, I mean it.

I still like "I'm on a horse" better, though.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I saw it last night while watching Eueka. I stared giggling at once, boy does that man make me swoon.

Comment

I love Old Spice. Works pretty darn well if I do say so myself.
        "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

That was one of the best commercials I've ever seen. He's hot.
          ......../\
          ....../__\
          ..../\...../\
          ../__\../__\

Comment

I do so love those commercials.
            "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

The last part, apart from the background would not have to be CGI at all. Just a bike in a water tank with fall away sides. Granted, the bike will probably never start again without a complete disassembly, cleaning, and rebuild...
              I AM the evil bastard!
              A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

My mom hates old spice, and my dad's used it all his life. I guess he'll have to show her these commercials!
                "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                  The last part, apart from the background would not have to be CGI at all. Just a bike in a water tank with fall away sides. Granted, the bike will probably never start again without a complete disassembly, cleaning, and rebuild...
                  I wonder if the bike even has a real engine in it.

Comment

Just a bike in a water tank with fall away sides
                    yeah that part is prolly real

what boggles my mind is ... that he was wearing shorts when he jumped in.
                    but suddenly had on wet jeans.

unless he somehow had the jeans on underneath the shorts, like fake jeans or something...and had the legs rolled up under the shorts, and just had the shorts pulled off, so that the jeans could flop down around his legs

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                      unless he somehow had the jeans on underneath the shorts, like fake jeans or something...and had the legs rolled up under the shorts, and just had the shorts pulled off, so that the jeans could flop down around his legs
                      It's most likely two takes. One with the shorts on and one with the jeans on. A robotic camera, good editing, and the splashing water would make for a smooth transition.
                      I AM the evil bastard!
                      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Had to watch it a couple times to figure it out. He didn't land on the bike at all. If you look carefully at the waist band, you can see a little bit of the shorts he was wearing. He's standing behind the bike.

Comment

Old Spice, mustache, and a boat!

Mr. Rum saw this on the tv the other night. He actually found it amusing.

And yes, the man makes me swoon.

Comment

Quoth idrinkarum View Post
                            Old Spice, mustache, and a boat!

Mr. Rum saw this on the tv the other night. He actually found it amusing.

And yes, the man makes me swoon.
                            Hehe, I saw that one, too.

Comment

I prefer the other Old Spice commercials. Especially this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tI4CbCniBI

Nearly pissed myself the first time I saw these. "Sun" is good too. So is "Punch".
                              "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Working...
                              X