This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth wolfie View Post
    So it is pretty much a "for adult ears only" equivalent of "Smurf"?

The Smurfs - the original "Blue Man Group"
    Ha! Exactly! I may just use smurf for future posts, its easier to type than #$@& :P

And yeah, I've had to turf out a few idiots who wouldn't behave. Morons on pointless racist rants, overly touchy drunks, and of course the "pretty happy parts" guy. Unfortunately if we had to throw out everyone who got on our nerves for being rude, stupid, or whatever, we'd soon go out of business. For the most part you just tune it out and get on with the job at hand. Surprisingly I've even gotten used to Foul Ol' Ron, despite my eyes watering every time he's in the car.

Bugarup. Australia's Nunavut.
    Last edited by Cranky Cabbie; 08-15-2013, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Quoth Cranky Cabbie View Post
      ...used to Foul Ol' Ron...
      At least you can understand the dog.
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
        At least you can understand the dog.
        "Woof woof, whine?"
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Why did I just give that dog a biscuit?

Btw, there is a mangy one eyed terrier-shaped dog that roams the streets, though it's orange, not grey. Haven't heard it talk either. Dog's can't talk after all.

Comment

Quoth Cranky Cabbie View Post
            Dog's can't talk after all.
            I gather you haven't met the famous author Ralph Von Wau Wau (from the "Callahan" series by Spider Robinson). Never saw the story where he first walked into Callahan's, but another story mentioned it. A guy came into the bar with a talking dog, and everyone figured it was a ventriloquist act. It was, but not the way you'd expect - the guy was mute.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
              ... Ralph Von Wau Wau ...
              Spider has some great descriptions. Of another character:

When they passed out necks, he thought they said "sex" and asked for lots and lot. His chin and adam's apple looked like twin brothers in bunk beds. His hair resembled a lawn with persistent crabgrass, with the longest strands issuing from his nose...

*I* think Jester is holding out on us, and he actually woks at The Place.
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
              X